Author Topic: Project ASgard  (Read 12291 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Project ASgard
« on: November 19, 2018, 07:07:18 am »
So didnt get any work on my Pyramids over  the weekend for 2 reason, had family issue and i started building a different MCD set for another type of ufo, still very early days , you will note i stole borrowed the assets from TFTD.

Wanted something different so all these ships will be on legs and the only way in/out will be with Grav lifts.

Inspiration for these is an advance alien race (  aka Asgard),space pirate or even time travelling humans, as usual i doubt they will ever become a megamode of my own making but for now i will just build them :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 10:31:53 am by luke83 »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Re: Project ASgard
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 07:39:13 am »
These are even better than the original TFTD tiles.  ;D

Do you accept requests?

Something like this:)

Including of course, the grav lift access only.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 07:41:46 am »
These are even better than the original TFTD tiles.  ;D

Do you accept requests?

Something like this:)

Including of course, the grav lift access only.

Really dont know how that would be possible ( without it looking stupid), do you want this MCD set used or something else? i will see what the grey matter comes up with.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 07:47:05 am »
Really dont know how that would be possible ( without it looking stupid), do you want this MCD set used or something else? i will see what the grey matter comes up with.

Haha seems that I'm not the only that finds it difficult to made something good of it.

If you could kindly provide your new MCD to try to made the Tripod, I'll be very greatful. I think it fits perfectly with your Pyramids, so it fits with my project too.  ;D

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 10:04:09 pm »
....., you will note i stole borrowed the assets from TFTD.

Do you thought about developing your own TFTD mod ? Possibly compatible with that of North too.
 ;D

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 02:25:16 am »
Do you thought about developing your own TFTD mod ? Possibly compatible with that of North too.
 ;D

The thing is,  have never played tftd for more than 20mins, I guess I should bite the bullet and try playing it through at some point.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 05:37:10 am »
The thing is,  have never played tftd for more than 20mins, I guess I should bite the bullet and try playing it through at some point.
I'll save you time then. Load all of your soldiers with gas cannon-HE and your research should go medikit > deep one corpse > aqua plastics > plastic aqua armor > ion beam accelerators > deep one terrorist > ion armor. Your first weapon upgrade should be the sonic cannon and you only want half your squad with sonic cannon, other half with gas cannon.

Oh you think I'm kidding.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 09:41:52 am »
I'll save you time then. Load all of your soldiers with gas cannon-HE and your research should go medikit > deep one corpse > aqua plastics > plastic aqua armor > ion beam accelerators > deep one terrorist > ion armor. Your first weapon upgrade should be the sonic cannon and you only want half your squad with sonic cannon, other half with gas cannon.

Oh you think I'm kidding.

Its for this very reason the Tech Tree should be wider and only a random selection of item types should be added each new game , this way each game experience is a little difference. Same with Aliens, throw a few extra aliens into the mix and when you start a new game, let OXC work out what units it wants to use and which ones to beef up the stats on. Pretty sure i suggested this years back  :P

We have enough original game assets now to do this in the Vanilla offering.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 09:44:16 am by luke83 »

Offline NiceMicro

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 10:22:41 am »
Its for this very reason the Tech Tree should be wider and only a random selection of item types should be added each new game , this way each game experience is a little difference. Same with Aliens, throw a few extra aliens into the mix and when you start a new game, let OXC work out what units it wants to use and which ones to beef up the stats on. Pretty sure i suggested this years back  :P

We have enough original game assets now to do this in the Vanilla offering.
YES YES YES!
And some aliens could have 3-4 versions, with different weaknesses, so you never know just by looking, what will that be without trying / doing the research.
It would add more to the replayability of the game for sure.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 02:12:06 pm »
If you could kindly provide your new MCD to try to made the Tripod, I'll be very greatful. I think it fits perfectly with your Pyramids, so it fits with my project too.  ;D

So the legs look stupid to me, you going to need a better artist than me  :P
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 02:14:53 pm by luke83 »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 02:33:29 pm »

So the legs look stupid to me, you going to need a better artist than me  :P

I like it! And I like very much the legs, I think they would be something like tentacles!
You could just put a turret on the top and voilá, super Fighting Machine.

I was thinking about something like this tho...

FeruEnzeru made it a long time ago, but I would like something with three legs, instead 4. Just putting on one leg in the middle of the structure could be enough, I guess.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 02:35:05 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 09:53:51 pm »
I was thinking about something like this tho...

LOL, this i can build, i will do something tonight. Do you want it that big?

Update : added some window to the set, art work needs some more love but this is a place holder or now.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 10:54:51 pm by luke83 »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 10:35:35 pm »
LOL, this i can build, i will do something tonight. Do you want it that big?

AWWW YEEEAH!

Yes, I would like three Tripod sizes. I'm attaching some pics for reference, but I leave to your criteria the design of them. :)

One this big, the biggest. Is like the Battleship from the vanilla game, the most powerful martian fighting machine.

Then, the regular all-terrain multipurpose Tripod, similar in use to the Large Scout.

At least, the smaller Tripod, similar to the Small and Medium Scouts.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 10:17:42 am »
work in progress, not sure how to do the top layers yet, may need to do a few mock ups, do you have any thoughts?

UPDATE:
I AM THINKING A MORE ORGANIC LOOK MY BE COOL FOR THESE ( ONCE AGAIN, STOLEN FROM TFTD) I WONT FINISH BUILDING THIS OTHER MCD SET UNTIL YOU TELL ME WHICH VERSION YOU LIKE, MECHANICAL OR BIO-ORGANIC (NOTE I HAVE ONLY REPLACED SOME TILES AS A TEST)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 12:34:23 pm by luke83 »

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 03:01:52 pm »
The organic idea sounds cool in theory but the upper one is much more aesthetically pleasing. Also the lower one has several strands hanging off the upper sections which are supposed to be running along the floor.

P.S.: That foot is beautiful.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 03:04:17 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »