aliens

Author Topic: [Rejected] Limit craft movement to water/land/region/country/area  (Read 1870 times)

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Rejection reason: this is difficult to implement, and would very likely kill the game performance

Hello there! I have a suggestion for a feature I want to add in my mod, The Great War of the Worlds. I would like to add the Royal Navy and their ships as a playable craft in Geoscape. For land use, we have the Landships, basically super battleships with caterpillars. But for the sea, I want to restrict the movement to certain regions, so the player only could use battleships and ironclads (The Thunderchild!) on water regions.

I think this could be accomplished using a variable in crafts.rul

Code: [Select]
crafts:
     STR_THUNDERCHILD
     limiteMovementToRegion: [STR_ATLANTIC_OCEAN, STR_NORTH_PACIFIC]

This, of course, could be very useful even with other mods, per example: an attempt to mix UFO and TFTD, because you could only use the flying subs on the sea. I hope they could be doable.

Thanks in advance!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 12:27:51 pm by Meridian »

The_Funktasm

Re: [Suggestion] Limiting craft movement
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 06:37:02 pm »
This would be very useful for a TFTD mod I would like to do at some point. Alien Alloys are good enough outside of seawater.

(I figure there could be a difference between pure subs, pure aircraft, and hybrids. Probably would be that mixing both is expensive and the end product doesn't excel at anything like the originals.)