Author Topic: [Suggestion] Chained explosions  (Read 2040 times)

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Chained explosions
« on: October 13, 2018, 10:57:08 am »
Xcom Apocalypse had a feature where grenades and explosives lying on the floor could explode when they are hit by fire of explosions.
I think it was I good mechanic and I would love to see it in OXCE.

It is probably best done by using a ruleset tag, for example:
Code: [Select]
ExplodesIfDestroyed: true
with a default value of "false"

For ammunition with the tag, it would mean that the whole magazine would blow up at once and distribute the projectiles with the shotgun mechanic in random directions.

Offline NiceMicro

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Chained explosions
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 03:18:59 pm »
Xcom Apocalypse had a feature where grenades and explosives lying on the floor could explode when they are hit by fire of explosions.
I think it was I good mechanic and I would love to see it in OXCE.

For ammunition with the tag, it would mean that the whole magazine would blow up at once and distribute the projectiles with the shotgun mechanic in random directions.

I find this idea arousing :)
Chain explosions already happen for certain  terrain elements (in Area 51 they can ruin your day very easily) so I don't see why wouldn't a poorly discarded grenade cause similar mayhem. Of course, realistically, military grade explosives don't explode when put to fire, but a shockwave of a strong enough explosion... maybe. But incendiary stuff causing more fire, if receiving fire, that's surely realistic.