aliens

Author Topic: Global News Network - First Alien War News Updates  (Read 10632 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Global News Network - First Alien War News Updates
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 10:21:46 am »
Thank you for this journey! Short it may have been, but there is a sequel hook. :)

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 06:33:57 pm »
Hi, Ace009.
And welcome to the OXC forums since your 6 days of joining the forums.

I kinda like your "Global News Network - First Alien War News Updates" thread about First Alien War news updates written by you since i was middle of reading it (I was at Reply #7 which my progress of reading it is going good).

I cannot do Discord since i'm a bit heartbroken about the things inside of Discord like its terms of use and service (i'm kinda bit shy about something about its voice chat thing), but that's okay for your life to live with.

I would like to start reviewing your posts along with Arek_PL's posts on thread via quote after i finish reading your thread since i've read the beginning post of the thread.

I hope you'll have a very very good day unless you can have a chance to reply my message post to your thread.

Thank you for posting this on the "Playthroughs" board and thank you for joining the OpenXCOM forums. Cheers to your life as an XCommer! :D

~J-Kun FeruEnzeru, that is all. ;)

Thank you for the big welcome! :P I really hope to enjoy all this. In fact, I already started reports on the Second Alien War as we speak. :P

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 06:34:56 pm »
Thank you for this journey! Short it may have been, but there is a sequel hook. :)

Yes, and it has already begun!

*laughs evilly*

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6533.0.html

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
Global News Network - First Alien War News Updates
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 03:48:25 pm »
Whoa, a short Alien War! Thank you for such a enjoyable reading. I was about to suggest you an OXCE+ option useful for recovering infiltrated nations, but it finished earlier than expected. XD

Damm british traitors! And please, tell me that Mandela is alive.

Now is time to get to the Future.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 05:51:37 pm »
Whoa, a short Alien War! Thank you for such a enjoyable reading. I was about to suggest you an OXCE+ option useful for recovering infiltrated nations, but it finished earlier than expected. XD

Damm british traitors! And please, tell me that Mandela is alive.

Now is time to get to the Future.

I mentioned this on Discord earlier, but I will quote:

Tony Blair is voted out of office after Queen Elizabeth II dissolved Parliament and the Labour Party ceases to exist in the 2001 elections, the ANC was overthrown in 2002 in the South African Civil War, with Africa Corp taking form in the aftermath, initially as just a small PMC. The Brazilian Civil War also ended with the defeat of General Vieira and the Brazilian Federation under former President Marco Maciel, the French National Assembly enacted Article 49 of the French Constitution and successfully removed Jacques Chirac from office, who was subsequently imprisoned under the charge of obstruction of justice, treason and conspiracy. As for Australia, even though negotiations with the aliens were about to finish, they decided to pull out after X-COM began its attack on Cydonia and resumed counterinsurgency efforts against Western Australian insurgents and by 2003, reconstruction of Perth began.

Unfortunately, Mandela was martyred in the South African Civil War. ;(

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 08:06:36 pm »

Unfortunately, Mandela was martyred in the South African Civil War. ;(

It's a shame :'(
I liked very much the Australian storyline too, they were on the verge of becoming Mad Max.

Offline Ace009

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2018, 09:39:36 pm »
It's a shame :'(
I liked very much the Australian storyline too, they were on the verge of becoming Mad Max.

At least Mad Max was barely avoided and the events of the film are (in-Universe) relegated to fiction, even though they almost turned into reality. Right? RIGHT??!!!

*chuckles nervously*