aliens

Author Topic: lobsterman vs magna-pack explosive  (Read 2499 times)

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
lobsterman vs magna-pack explosive
« on: July 31, 2018, 07:15:56 am »
Is it possible to kill lobsterman with several magna-pack explosives?
Do stun grenades, stun ammo harpoons work against this creature?
Thank you.

Offline NKF

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: lobsterman vs magna-pack explosive
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 10:53:58 am »
Magna-Packs can harm Lobstermen. To work the numbers out:

Lobstermen take 30% from High Explosive damage.
Magna-Pack Explosives deal 100HE. This is reduced to 30HE. Damage roll range will therefore be 15 ~ 45HE.
Lobstermen have 90 health.
Lobstermen Under Armour is between 4 ~ 14 depending on rank and difficulty. This gets reduced between each explosion.

Assuming a best case scenario where the RNG consistently rolls between the mid to high range, I would say roughly 3 or 4 Magna Packs?

I am not familiar with the strength levels of the weapons you mention, but Lobstermen take 110% from stun damage. They should work as long as the weapons are strong enough to penetrate the Lobsterman's armour.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: lobsterman vs magna-pack explosive
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 11:02:42 am »
When using conventional weapons, the best way to kill Lobstermen is to first stun them with a thermal tazer. While unconscious, they can easily be killed with a small explosive such as a magna-blast grenade.

Lobstermen are very weak to melee damage, reasonably vulnerable to sonic and freeze, and highly resistant to gauss, AP, and HE.

You can also kill them with phosphorus ammo. I don't know what their resistance is to it, but it will bypass armor. Might take a lot of hits, but eventually it will die.