Author Topic: Newbe questions  (Read 310772 times)

Offline ciqasty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Newbe questions
« Reply #990 on: April 03, 2023, 11:00:03 am »
Hello,

I am on first playthrough and loving the mod so far :D

It however appears I am reaching some moment where I may be stuck with research because I cannot find guild engineer (I see a lot of important techs gated and missing only this research).
It seems they are not on small ships, neither also on medium or large which I downed lately and got some guild pilots, but no engineer sadly. They are also not on typical Guild related missions like warehouse wars. Not gonna lie I am quite aggressive with interceptions lately (got first true interceptor and it rocks), so I am a bit worried bigger ships might not spawn due to this.
Where I can find one? Should rush the !campus massacre! (or similar name) research to find him there?

Offline Patooka

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 03, 2023, 12:19:58 pm »
Hello,

I am on first playthrough and loving the mod so far :D

It however appears I am reaching some moment where I may be stuck with research because I cannot find guild engineer

You should be able to find one on Extractor craft.  They're medium sized, pretty common and land often.  Travel at a speed of 1800.

EDIT: This craft
https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_VESSEL_EXCAVATOR
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 12:58:23 pm by Patooka »

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 03, 2023, 12:26:02 pm »
I cannot find guild engineer
Where I can find one?

you have to topple some towers :)  -  make sure you know who is who and all the three major factions

Offline Dr1ven1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 05, 2023, 10:23:22 am »
Is there a hotkey that enables you to type in a quantity when shipping between bases or purchasing goods? Right now holding down the arrow takes quite long if I want to buy larger amounts of goods.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #994 on: April 05, 2023, 11:14:42 am »
Is there a hotkey that enables you to type in a quantity when shipping between bases or purchasing goods? Right now holding down the arrow takes quite long if I want to buy larger amounts of goods.

Not a hotkey, but you can use the mouse scroll, as long as the relevant option is enabled.

Offline Dr1ven1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 05, 2023, 01:51:56 pm »
Not a hotkey, but you can use the mouse scroll, as long as the relevant option is enabled.

Alright thanks for the info. I will have to look through the options to find it.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 05, 2023, 05:40:41 pm »
allowChangeListValuesByMouseWheel

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 05, 2023, 06:30:40 pm »
you have to topple some towers :)  -  make sure you know who is who and all the three major factions

Also in the medium-sized guild ships, especially the one cross-shaped, cannot remember its name though (runabound?)  The happen to land quote often so be sure to shadow one of these :(

Offline Meza

• Squaddie
  • 1st time played X-COM in far 1996!
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 07, 2023, 12:15:38 pm »
Need help! My main base over shelling with rockets from Technocracy side. What i need to do to stop this? thanks in advance! )

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 07, 2023, 12:52:53 pm »
A few cannons like theses : https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_FLAK_DEFENSES should do the trick. Also work with ratmens and demons.
There are others buildings - Like the overcharged radar or the Hefaistos battery - that can help you if you haven't unlocked the cannons, but they are more expensive.

As for stopping the rockets for spawning, I think you need to research the "Recalibrate Shadowtech" topic.

Offline Dr1ven1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 07, 2023, 02:10:54 pm »
Where do I get the "Wasteland sorceress" tech from?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1001 on: April 07, 2023, 03:15:34 pm »
Where do I get the "Wasteland sorceress" tech from?

From a special event. Won't happen on the lowest difficulty, as it has some things blocked.

Offline Dr1ven1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 07, 2023, 04:02:57 pm »
From a special event. Won't happen on the lowest difficulty, as it has some things blocked.

Ah that would explain why it is red. For some reason it still will not let me research "hidden desires" even though I have all of the other techs researched.

Offline ciqasty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 23, 2023, 06:37:30 pm »
Mansion Invasion

Is it normal to lose equipment when evacuating from this kind of mission? I just had first mansion invasion, it went good but got few gals heavily wounded (and got no medikits because of inventory limit - my bad) so around turn 15 I decided to retreat with what I grabbed. After the mission I got "not enough equipment to fully reequip squad" and it contained a lot of stuff which then was not present on my ship.
I am using the old inventory system and I have a lot of things loaded "just in case" - it is more flexible for me. Was all that stuff laying somewhere and I abandoned it or it is some bug?

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 23, 2023, 07:44:31 pm »
I am using the old inventory system and I have a lot of things loaded "just in case" - it is more flexible for me. Was all that stuff laying somewhere and I abandoned it or it is some bug?
Yep, it was abandoned somewhere in the mansion. That or you played with too much explosives near your stuff.

Too bad there isn't a button to send all the unequipped stuff to the base ...