Author Topic: TFTD Colony attack mod  (Read 2471 times)

Offline animal310

• Captain
    • View Profile
TFTD Colony attack mod
« on: June 11, 2018, 02:57:56 pm »
I prefer the Alien Base attacks in the original as opposed to TFTD in that the Alien bases would be crewed by the race that built them as opposed to the same mixture of Alien’s every time as in TFTD. If I remove the ‘race:’ line in the Alien Deployments code for the Alien Colony missions will the deployment automatically revert to which ever race built the base/colony?

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
Re: TFTD Colony attack mod
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 05:27:43 pm »
By original, you mean UFO?, Then no, TFTD is quite different

And yes, you can mod it so you can have different races representing the ones that built the colony, though I'm not actually familiar yet with the code so this is as far as I go

Offline animal310

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: TFTD Colony attack mod
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 06:42:40 pm »
Sorry, I didn’t explain it very well. In UFO if Floaters built a base, when you attacked it you would find it full of Floaters. In TFTD if Gillmen built a base, when you attack it, there are no Gillman but a mixed crew in part 1 and then Lobstermen in the second section part.

I just went ahead and tested it anyway and removing the 'race:' line of text in the relevant Alien Deployment section of code does indeed mean that if Gillmen build a base they will be there when you attack it. Brilliant!