Author Topic: [Suggestion] multiple craft and translation within translation  (Read 5272 times)

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Dear Developers!

I have 3 request:

- Hangar can show all craft. If 2 crafts avaible, then show this 2 craft next to each other, when 1 is in mission, show the other.
(I see in 4.0 version, "hangar types", i hope this is it!)

- UPOpedia text avaible the strings, example: STR_RESOURCES show the result, not the code! Maybe can use with special characters: {}, ', <>, []

- When upgrade the building (overbuild) 2x2 Large building, the buildtime decreased only just the 1/4 day, not all. Example:Large General Buildings built time 12 days, Hangar 25 days. When overbuild the General Building with Hangar, only just 3 days the different, not 12. Please fix it!

Thank's your job!

Good day!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:08:33 pm by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Re: OXCE Future plans
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 03:03:48 pm »
- Hangar can show all craft. If 2 crafts avaible, then show this 2 craft next to each other, when 1 is in mission, show the other.
(I see in 4.0 version, "hangar types", i hope this is it!)

What if there are 3 craft?
Or 999?
Or a million?

- UPOpedia text avaible the strings, example: STR_RESOURCES show the result, not the code! Maybe can use with special characters: {}, ', <>, []

First explain the reason why you want it please... and with a few examples... leave the solution to us.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 03:14:56 pm »
Hangar types is something different, it limit what hangar can store. Image that you define new "hangar" named "Garage", it only will be allowed to store cars not crafts (something like X-com files do).

Overall when I do this hangar types I could look on display too, I could add another property to define how many crafts could be show in base view.

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 04:17:57 pm »
What if there are 3 craft?
Or 999?
Or a million?

I wanna create new hangar types with new design with 2 craft capacities and larger 3x3 versions too. But looks better if show all craft in base view.

First explain the reason why you want it please... and with a few examples... leave the solution to us.

Here:
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6261.msg96041.html#msg96041

Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:19:42 pm by Biggieboy »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 04:34:36 pm »
I wanna create new hangar types with new design with 2 craft capacities and larger 3x3 versions too. But looks better if show all craft in base view.

You didn't answer my question... how should the hangar be displayed if there are let's say 7 craft inside... or 23 craft.

ufopedia:
      STR_DEPLOYED_LARGE_WORKSHOP_UFOPEDIA: "This is a building of prefabricated elements that can be drawn up within a short time. A workshop contains all the equipment necessary to manufacture equipment based on designs from the science labs. Up to 400 engineers can occupy a workshop and 25 storage space for resources. Items under construction will also consume some space.{NEWLINE}{NEWLINE}Resources for construcion:{NEWLINE}STR_SPECIAL_RESOUCES: 4{NEWLINE}UFO_NAVIGATION: 2"

extrastrings:
STR_SPECIAL_RESOUCES: "Special Resouces"
STR_UFO_NAVIGATION: "Ufo Navigation"

But strings not working, i see the code, not the result. But now i understand can not work (yet).

No, such thing doesn't work.

I also don't see why would it be necessary... just put in the description, not the code.
Why do you want to use the codes instead?

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 04:37:58 pm »
You didn't answer my question... how should the hangar be displayed if there are let's say 7 craft inside... or 23 craft.

No, such thing doesn't work.

I also don't see why would it be necessary... just put in the description, not the code.
Why do you want to use the codes instead?

I make not only english description, thats why, its just easier for me. Or the other soulition, the requested resources show the top of the description, next to the monthly cost.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 03:22:56 pm »
By the way, about hangars. It would not hurt the ability to sort the ships, as soldiers, so that could move them up or down the list. In situations where the hangar holds several ships and displays only the first in the hangar, such an opportunity would be very useful. In addition, it would be possible and the color of the displaying is different for the fighter and transports.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 05:23:54 pm »
By the way, about hangars. It would not hurt the ability to sort the ships, as soldiers, so that could move them up or down the list. In situations where the hangar holds several ships and displays only the first in the hangar, such an opportunity would be very useful. In addition, it would be possible and the color of the displaying is different for the fighter and transports.
Yesterday I look on code responsible for that and I can say that this bug not feature, multiple craft will work incorrect in corner cases.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 11:39:10 am »
Yesterday I look on code responsible for that and I can say that this bug not feature, multiple craft will work incorrect in corner cases.

I did not immediately understand what it was about. Yes, there may be errors, but they can be easily overcome by disabling quick access to the display ship in the hangar, leaving only the visual effect of the first three ships (more than three hangars there is no sense to build), which will be updated each time the list is offset.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:42:46 am by Ethereal »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 02:25:08 am »
No, I say is bugged because wrong thing happen when hangar with multiple crafts get destroyed. And probably other places where game expect only one craft.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 01:53:20 am »
Meridian, you have my mod and save, are there any errors in connection with the placement of 7 ships in three hangars on each base? I have not found them yet ...

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Requests: multiple craft and translation within translation
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 11:04:42 am »
Meridian, you have my mod and save, are there any errors in connection with the placement of 7 ships in three hangars on each base? I have not found them yet ...

Yes, there are both visual and logical issues with multiple craft per hangar in OpenXcom... regardless of your mod.