aliens

Author Topic: Messing with refuelItem  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Keth01

• Captain
    • View Profile
Messing with refuelItem
« on: April 01, 2018, 09:46:57 am »

Hi there,

I've poked at the ruleset trying to remove the need for the Firestorm/Lightning/Avenger to refuel with Elerium. I've tried removing the line with 'refuelItem: STR_ELERIUM_115', which seems to work until the air combat window pops up at which point you get an amusing bug, and I've tried setting the value for refuelItem to 0 as implied by the ruleset summary, which causes the issue that I have no '0' with which to refuel it.

I'm sure that I'm doing something that's obvious to brighter minds in terms of flubbed syntax or similar but I'd be very grateful for pointers. I'm using Notepad++ as an editor if that is relevant.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Messing with refuelItem
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 11:10:16 am »
Removing refuelItem is enough.

Maybe if you described what kind of "amusing bug" you're getting?

Offline Keth01

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 12:01:13 pm »
When an affected Firestorm successfully intercepts a UFO, the 'interceptor combat' interface minimizes and maximize at blinding speed ad infinitum. It's 'amusing' rather than 'horrific' because you can still exit the game or load a save via the menu even while this is going on.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 12:40:18 pm »
Hmm, doesn't happen to me.

Can you share your mod and a save?

Offline Keth01

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 10:01:30 am »

Sorry about the late reply, I redid the mod from scratch (copy-pasted a fresh section of the ruleset, deleted the line, saved as a new ruleset filename) and the issue was resolved.

I still have no idea why it didn't work the first time though.