aliens

Author Topic: How to add weapons to the store?  (Read 4338 times)

Offline wolf619

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
How to add weapons to the store?
« on: March 27, 2018, 05:54:41 pm »
I'm playing final mod and I see there is an ak47, uzi and RPG launcher in common but I can't figure out how to add them to the store. I've added them to my starting base but they are blue and you can't buy more. How can I make these guys buyable (and preferably white on the buy screen)??
thanks in advance for your help!

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: How to add weapons to the store?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 06:10:43 pm »
find AK 47 in the ruleset and assign it a buy cost different than zero, e.g.:

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_AK47
    size: 0.2
    costBuy: 1550      # added this
    costSell: 1550
    weight: 9
    bigSprite: 162

you can't change the colors... no idea why would you want that anyway... blue/purple are used for showing items in the store and white is used for items you are ordering at the moment

Offline wolf619

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 07:06:52 pm »
cool thanks for the quick reply! :)

Offline pipanni

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2024, 06:22:55 pm »
Hi Meridian

Does this hack work in "The X-Com Files"? I changed the code in file "items_XCOMFILES.rul" like you mentioned here, by adding the line "costBuy: 5000" but nothing happened. I tried both with plasma beams and napalm grenades.

By the way I think you should be able to create factories for making all kinds of stuff, at the expense of... money! I mean, later in the game when you're uber-rich it's weird that you can't just buy this stuff and still have to manufacture it  :P

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2024, 12:10:55 pm »
It's not a hack, it's a normal modding feature.

It should work everywhere.
Unless there are other (normal) attributes potentially preventing purchase of items.

PS: btw. if you have a zip file with the mod still around, changes in the extracted files will have no effect, because the mod will be loaded directly from the original zip file

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2024, 02:26:11 pm »
PS: btw. if you have a zip file with the mod still around, changes in the extracted files will have no effect, because the mod will be loaded directly from the original zip file
unless name start with `.` as all files and folders with dot are ignored by OXCE.