Author Topic: Did anybody used Fusion Launcher to wipe enemy base in few turns and retreat?  (Read 3106 times)

Offline Amiga

• Colonel
  • Amiga4ever....
    • View Profile
    • White Wolf Untold Story PL (my rpg game based on Witcher saga)
I remember when I've played in 95 on Amiga I did a trick to wipe out Alien Base in few turns.. Basically I tried to locate base core by hovertank plasma then shoot fusion ball launvher into command center. Job done. retreat - alien base destroyed. Of course nothing was collected by Alien base was destroyed with no casualties :)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
I've done that, and I suspect many others have as well. The original game actually seems well-balanced with such tactics in mind. You can level the place with powerful explosives and kill anything that gets in your way, but you lose out on the loot and score bonus for the corpses. You get even fewer points if you retreat without grabbing anything on the way out. But you can use this to your advantage in other places. You can use rocket launchers, tanks, or high explosives to quickly kill a bunch of aliens in a terror site when you don't intend to finish it, that way you may get a better score than if you had simply arrived and left immediately. Also, you can fight Ethereals or other difficult aliens by learning where the command section of the craft is, and using one blaster bomb to penetrate the hull, possibly one more to make a hole on the inside, and a final bomb to knock out the leaders, commanders, and navigators. It takes out a big section of their command structure early on and weakens their psionic power, and also brings them to panic more quickly.

I have once assaulted a landed supply ship, shot the power sources out and collected the elerium, then evacuated the area--the ship got up and I shot it down and got lucky, and I got elerium a second time. I figure you could play a similar trick with medium or large scouts, since they often go on missions in which they land multiple times. You could follow them and take the elerium each time they land.

P.S.: I think these questions are supposed to be in the Open Feedback forum.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 08:33:36 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »