aliens

Author Topic: Dealing dmg to UFO only (battlescape) ?  (Read 5266 times)

Offline Amiga

• Colonel
  • Amiga4ever....
    • View Profile
    • White Wolf Untold Story PL (my rpg game based on Witcher saga)
Dealing dmg to UFO only (battlescape) ?
« on: March 14, 2018, 09:48:10 pm »
Just wondering if it's possible to code a wepon that dealing only dmg to ufo construction? Purpouse - breach the construction and create entrance to UFO.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing dmg to UFO only (battlescape) ?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 09:51:02 pm »
I'm pretty sure anything that can pierce UFO hull is more than capable to pierce human skull too...

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 10:09:35 pm »
Just wondering if it's possible to code a wepon that dealing only dmg to ufo construction? Purpouse - breach the construction and create entrance to UFO.

Yes, you can make an item that will only deal damage to terrain in OXCE+:
Code: [Select]
items:
  - type: STR_ITEM_TO_BREACH_HULLS
    power: 200 # Something ludicrous
    damageAlter:
      ToTile: 1.0
      ToHealth: 0.0
      ToStun: 0.0
      ToWound: 0.0

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:23:07 pm »
You just broke the universe :)

Offline Amiga

• Colonel
  • Amiga4ever....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 11:15:44 pm »
Yes, you can make an item that will only deal damage to terrain in OXCE+:
Code: [Select]
items:
  - type: STR_ITEM_TO_BREACH_HULLS
    power: 200 # Something ludicrous
    damageAlter:
      ToTile: 1.0
      ToHealth: 0.0
      ToStun: 0.0
      ToWound: 0.0

AWESOME! Going to test it!

Wohaa!  ohartenstein23 THANK YOU
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 11:11:58 am by Amiga »

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 07:55:22 am »
YOUR VISUAL FILTER OFFENDS ME

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 09:32:45 am »
YOUR VISUAL FILTER OFFENDS ME

Me too, I can't see shit.

Offline Amiga

• Colonel
  • Amiga4ever....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 11:08:09 am »
Me too, I can't see shit.

Are you trying to say that you play in original pixel graphic??  :o

So my 'UFO penetrator' will be available to research after Elerium, Aien Alloys, Ufo Power Source and Ufo construction:) Make sense isn't it :) and only impact on ufo structure - not human/alien body.
Of course will need shit lot of stuff to produce like Elerium, Power Source ect :) In one word - won't be OP
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 11:13:39 am by Amiga »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 12:00:56 pm »

What else? O_o
It's a weird question.

So my 'UFO penetrator' will be available to research after Elerium, Aien Alloys, Ufo Power Source and Ufo construction:) Make sense isn't it :) and only impact on ufo structure - not human/alien body.
Of course will need shit lot of stuff to produce like Elerium, Power Source ect :) In one word - won't be OP

Balance is one thing, but another is the rationalization - why doesn't it work on people? It was never explained.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 01:12:11 pm »
Balance is one thing, but another is the rationalization - why doesn't it work on people? It was never explained.
The destruction of the hull can occur not only through direct exposure to high energies. Here is the standard definition
STR_ALIEN_ALLOYS_UFOPEDIA: "Alien craft are constructed from special alloys with unique properties. They are extremely light and durable, and can be molded by electro-magnetic methods. This material can be reproduced and used in many kinds of manufacturing processes."
The device can be an emitter of the electromagnetic field, tuned to change the shape - the destruction of the alien alloy. On living beings, it will almost not work. At least, it is insignificant.
Although, only not in the case when inside the opponent there are implants from the same alloy. But the aliens use them extensively.
There are probably two explanations. Alternatively, another alloy, biologically more compatible, is used in the implants. Either an exposure of the alloy requires a close contact between the emitter and the alloy, approximately the same as for the shocker, contact of the electrodes with the target is necessary.
Addition.
I read it and realized that it was not very clear.
I meant that the knowledge of the technology of formation of extraneous alloy and further study of its properties allows us to open its weak place - the ability to influence it with the help of powerful electromagnetic fields, which leads to the reverse process - destruction, instead of formation.
But the use of this process is very limited. The field at great distances is very weak - close contact is necessary, and the exposure time before the destruction begins, is too great. Therefore, in an air battle, it is almost impossible to use a destroyer (even if delivered to the site by a rocket, it will only do a small hole in the hull, without destroying anything).
For a manual emitter I would recommend a long exposure time (not less than 90% of one stroke). And also the need for ammunition - disposable energy sources, manufactured from Elerium-115. This will limit the use of a tool that is too convenient.
Sorry for my not enough english english.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:45:57 pm by yergnoor »

KZad Bhat

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 02:16:27 pm »
I'd love to play with the higher level filters running, (not that one, though) but this computer really doesn't like that.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 04:58:34 pm »
I guess the electromagnetic explanation makes sense, but it would also mean that alien alloys are pretty susceptible to electromagnetism. Why not use EMP rockets, using the same type of magnets as MRI devices? :)
I'm probably being obnoxious now. :P

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 06:05:22 pm »
Maybe because for the global impact on the body of a UFO, the source of the electromagnetic field will have a few seconds in the immediate vicinity of the target (previously leveling the speed and approaching). Then begin to operate at a certain frequency without moving. Then (if the enemy does not maneuver or drive off an annoying fellow traveler with his weapon), after a while (the process is not instantaneous), a part of the hull will collapse. Only the energy used in this case will cause no less destruction (or even greater) if it is converted into a plasma discharge. And by the time of the development of the electromagnetic destroyer has long been used quite effective shipborne plasma weapons. The only advantage of an electromagnetic destroyer is that it does not harm living creatures. That is, and the sense of using it is only for soldiers on the battlefield, but there the radius of its action is minimal - to make a small hole manually it is possible, but not to destroy the UFO entirely.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018, 09:04:54 pm »
It could work by using the right frequency to break a specific substance. If it's tuned to alien hull material, it might just cut that specific thing better than it cuts other things. It would still probably cut human flesh, if for no reason other than that human flesh is far softer than alien craft hull.

Yes, and I think it looks great that way. I can see cause for raising the resolution of images through tedious work, but using a filter to pretend to raise the resolution makes it look much worse to me.