Author Topic: Issue about how to make battlescape camera movement keys indepentent  (Read 2361 times)

Offline tdyholy4114

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Hi guys. I'm Teddy.

Currently there are snazzy shortcuts for moving around the camera in the battlescale, which is great..

Except if you hold a direction and then press the key (or hold) for the opposite direction, the key you were initially holding is now stuck in useless limbo; it won't do anything until you let go of it and press it again. ufabet
I would appreciate if these things were instead made entirely independent, so that we had a little "camera movement" number with two variables in it, which got applied every whenever the fuck you update the camera, and the variables being affected by these camera movement commands being held - so that if you hold two of the opposite keys, you just get no movement like the silly goof you are for making the camera go in two opposing directions at once.
สมัครufabet
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Issue about how to make battlescape camera movement keys indepentent
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 01:02:08 am »
We tried this behavior during 1.0 (or 0.9) and it was confusing for most people. Players switch between keys without really seeing which one they're still holding down or thinking "oh I'm holding both keys down so they'll cancel each other", they just expect the last key pressed to take priority. Specially when you combine mouse and key scrolling, combining all inputs gets messy.