Author Topic: Query for Hobbes...  (Read 2594 times)

Offline WaltC

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Query for Hobbes...
« on: January 18, 2018, 12:54:34 am »
As you seem fairly knowledgeable about all things UFO, I thought I'd ask about the mod downloads...Are they still active, or is my browser infinitely screwed up?...;) I'm somewhat of a newbie here, having only registered a couple of months back, and I came back today only to see that openxcom.com had been changed to openxcom.org (my shortcut links no longer worked), and that Mods are now inaccessible from the usual menu--forums and nightlies are still working fine.  Just thought I'd ask...anyone feel free to enlighten me if Hobbes is busy elsewhere...

I'll say this has been an excellent mod site and general xcom site, and that openxcom is the *only* way to play the UFO games today...!  It's made an addict out of me--again--since this game fascinated me to no end when I bought it (when the Amiga version shipped many years ago.)  I find this site to be an excellent effort and feel it would be a crime to see it pass on to the great Internet in the sky one day...;)  I know that all good things must one day end--but not openxcom.org, I sincerely pray!

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Query for Hobbes...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 04:39:12 am »
As you seem fairly knowledgeable about all things UFO, I thought I'd ask about the mod downloads...Are they still active, or is my browser infinitely screwed up?...;) I'm somewhat of a newbie here, having only registered a couple of months back, and I came back today only to see that openxcom.com had been changed to openxcom.org (my shortcut links no longer worked), and that Mods are now inaccessible from the usual menu--forums and nightlies are still working fine.  Just thought I'd ask...anyone feel free to enlighten me if Hobbes is busy elsewhere...

I'll say this has been an excellent mod site and general xcom site, and that openxcom is the *only* way to play the UFO games today...!  It's made an addict out of me--again--since this game fascinated me to no end when I bought it (when the Amiga version shipped many years ago.)  I find this site to be an excellent effort and feel it would be a crime to see it pass on to the great Internet in the sky one day...;)  I know that all good things must one day end--but not openxcom.org, I sincerely pray!

I can only speak for UFOPaedia (wiki) since I'm one of its admins - it has been offline since the 15th and I already send a message to Jo5hua (who hosts the wiki, as well as the mod site) but I still haven't gotten any answer from him.

With the wiki, just hold tight and this situation will eventually sort itself out. Eventually we'll need to find a better hosting solution in the future, because this sort of incidents are too regular for my liking.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:50:33 am by Hobbes »