Author Topic: Idea for a new human weapons mod?  (Read 2451 times)

niculinux

Idea for a new human weapons mod?
« on: November 23, 2017, 09:46:18 am »
Hello there!

Just droppin a few lines for an idea roaming into my mind  ;D may be room for a mod that replaces all the vanilla startin weapons with real counterparts one? As far as i chacked the forum there is no such mod; only i encountered are alinare's endless war and kappa weapons but these do not replace them, only just add new content, so if the vannilla human weapons in the mod may be avaiable only after some research and the starting puchasable ones would be the "real ones" that would be doable?

Offline NeoWorm

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for a new human weapons mod?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 12:25:16 pm »
Real weapons in X-Com looks weird because they don't fit the style and are hard to pull of in the resolution of the game. I think sticking to nicely designed fantasy weapons is the best.

niculinux

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 12:54:15 pm »
Real weapons in X-Com looks weird because they don't fit the style and are hard to pull of in the resolution of the game. I think sticking to nicely designed fantasy weapons is the best.

Oh thats may be a rather serious issue, but  I'm just curoous about that.  ;)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 01:21:05 pm »
There's been quite a bit of popularity on this topic lately, and several mods have been creating this sort of content for a while now. I'd check out The X-Com Files mod, that one replaces the vanilla conventional weapons with real-world weapons. All of the weapons in that mod come from other mods as far as I am aware.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 06:22:15 pm »
Just to clarify: it doesn't replace any weapons, only moves vanilla weapons further down the tech tree. And quite a number of new sprites are original, made by Dioxine.