Author Topic: Most Badass GI Slave Soldier I've yet to see.  (Read 3041 times)

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Most Badass GI Slave Soldier I've yet to see.
« on: November 08, 2017, 05:10:16 am »
I sent one GI on a bike to test out the new Heat Rays I got from Pink Ships on a They came from the Sea mission, and I was surprised.
Basically I had him sprint to one side of the bunker, and skip turns as he reaction fired, he used up 8 clips in total. (Full inventory sans backpack of cells, and Quick bar with rum)
After a moment of quiet I pushed towards the beach area then I camped reaction fire. One with a bow managed a shot from the entry way. But aside from swigging down some rum it was all cool. The last wasn't even a kill it was a ray shot to the otherside of a map hitting a bagpipes who ran around in a circle while on fire for a turn before dropping to be captured. The GI became a master of the heat ray after one day of using it lol.

https://imgur.com/a/zxwji
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:17:54 am by BetaSpectre »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: Most Badass GI Slave Soldier I've yet to see.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 09:58:15 am »
He deserve the medals given and his own custom-made loader-suit dyed in soylent green (to mimic the corpses of those 44 killed deep ones.

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:50:06 pm »
Wait, you solo'd a mission with a slave soldier?

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 04:59:34 am »
He deserve the medals given and his own custom-made loader-suit dyed in soylent green (to mimic the corpses of those 44 killed deep ones.
I promoted him to a genuine Ranger + after this mission :DD, now he goes into battle with fancy CAKE! to complement his gun. (It actually helps to prevent downtime for medbay stuff)
Wait, you solo'd a mission with a slave soldier?
Several with the same unit. Marsec Ops, beastmen, civilians.
If you want I can post more of his adventures, though most will be from his diary xD
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 05:03:36 am by BetaSpectre »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 12:59:46 pm »
A reasonable number of mission types are soloable past a certain tech level. Starts happening around back to school tech for me. Not that i do it often, it's risky and tedious. But it happens now and again that things like monster hunts and warehouse raids pop while the bulk of forces are otherwise occupied, so i send off someone in a fighter to deal with it.