aliens

Author Topic: Please help a rookie install TFTD  (Read 5629 times)

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
  • Your X-Com must be quite precious to you...
    • View Profile
Please help a rookie install TFTD
« on: September 23, 2017, 08:23:45 pm »
Hello everyone!

I am sorry to have to ask this, but I cannot understand how to install Terror from the Deep. I bought both games on Steam last year, and I successfully installed OpenXcom (UFO) and FMP, but I can't remember what the hell I did. I do recall struggling, and I had to ask for help then, too.

I am quite embarrassed to ask for help with this because I know many of you have taken the time to write out instructions that are clear enough for complete rookies to understand. The problem is: where are those instructions for OpenTFTD, and how can I tell if I am reading the most recent instructions?

It seems like openTFTD isn't as popular as OpenXCOM (UFO), so I wonder if downloading the latest nightly build has anything to do with TFTD, or if all the attention is only focused on OpenXCOM (UFO).

I have been looking all day, and I will keep looking, but if anyone knows where I can find the latest and greatest build for TFTD, I would greatly appreciate some links. Specifically, I am looking for:
  • OpenTFTD which has the same interface as OpenXcom
  • Reassurance that the most basic patches/bug fixes are dealt with in that first installation (so that Original TFTD would be patched and stable at that point, or if not, what else do I need to do)
  • Instructions for how to add individual mods
  • Instructions for how to add Full Game mods, like the ones new_civilian or Nord made

Thanks in advance, and again I am grateful for your patience.

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
  • Your X-Com must be quite precious to you...
    • View Profile
Re: Please help a rookie install TFTD
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 09:34:59 pm »
Okay. Whelp, I found it.

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Installation_FAQ_(OpenXcom)

And of course, IvanDogovich made a youtube video for fools like me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1WUpX9n7gY

Fantastic work on these you guys. Thanks for making it easy!

Also, to get to TFTD you go to the MODS tab and at the upper right select TFTD from the drop down menu.