aliens

Author Topic: X-Com: Apocalypse Vehicles  (Read 5500 times)

Offline Neville

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
X-Com: Apocalypse Vehicles
« on: September 10, 2017, 07:20:34 am »
I have always wanted to use Megapol vehicles in X-Com: Apocalypse, but the only mod I have found that will provide full images (large, full-color, standard equip and small side images) of the Police Hovercar and the Police Car, which can be found on the site "http://www.strategycore.co.uk/files/megapol-mod/", includes extensive changes in gameplay and changes the appearance of other vehicles. Does anyone know how to simply extract and use the images of the Police vehicles?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:23:42 am by Neville »

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com: Apocalypse Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 09:00:25 am »
Use apoc'd

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 01:24:24 pm »
You can probably do it easily with OpenApoc.....whenever that gets to a usable state.

Offline Neville

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 06:39:17 am »
Use apoc'd
I have used Apoc'D before. It allows you to reassign images, but the images I need are stored in file packs that I am unable to access. The files in the mod add images of the Megapol vehicles, the Police Car and the Police Hovercar, but they overwrite others, changing the appearance of at least two Marsec vehicles, the Stormdog and the Phoenix Hovercar, as well as at least one X-Com vehicle, the Retaliator. Also, the purchase/equip images provided are not completely accurate. The Police Hovercar has a curved upper body, but the mod uses the angular upper body of the Wolfhound APC, and it uses modified images of the Stormdog for the Police Car, though the vehicles are not the same.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 06:23:34 pm by Neville »