Author Topic: [Enemy] Traitors mod  (Read 13074 times)

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
[Enemy] Traitors mod
« on: August 26, 2017, 03:10:38 pm »
The War Within, once known as "Traitor mod" is an expansion to Xcom UFO defense, featuring an alien sympathizer groups and supported by corrupted council members and the aliens themselves.

Credits will be given properly once the mod reaches its final release or when I really got bored and tired of the mod
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:14:19 pm by Yataka Shimaoka »

Offline SteamXCOM

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [Enemy] Traitors mod
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 07:32:22 pm »
 This mod, I gather, is an "alien race" (for categorization as per limits of the game) of coverall clad  humans you can fight against in the New Battle option?

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 12:44:30 pm »
I pretty much sure that they work at new battle, but not just at the campaign yet. I plan to make them today and maybe upload it

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 11:12:04 am »
Liking this idea if I can take a guess. Ex-XCOM operatives? A general Kurtz-like enemy recruits them away.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 02:06:53 pm »
Yes! Your idea is correct!

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 08:46:33 am »
This reminds me of Trator Guard from WH40k... good idea, anyway!

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 03:21:44 pm »
New version is up, still many more work needs to be done, and lots of balancing is in need. Feel free to criticize and mock my project as I take none of it since I'm still learning.
Changes:
-Added Juggernauts, very hard to kill, not yet in the campaign
-Now the enemies are available in the campaign, corpses are recoverable, but no research tree yet
-Currently they use the alien's weapons, this will be changed in the future

Hyper2Snyper

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 08:04:41 pm »
i was testing the mod and i descovered a bug.
when you step over a traitors corpse and try and open your inventory, it ccrashes.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:32:05 pm by Hyper2Snyper »

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 03:31:32 am »
Can you define which traitor it is? Is it the grunt, the sniper, or the juggernaut?

Edit:
It didn't crash in mine, the game just "frozed", and the log has given me something of no use, if you can repeat the glitch and it crashes, can you send the log?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 03:43:41 am by Yataka Shimaoka »

Hyper2Snyper

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 04:24:19 am »
Well I am using android. So it crashed

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 04:29:41 am »
So was I, and the log didn't give anything useful

Hyper2Snyper

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 06:28:02 am »
Oh well. I had recreated it multiple times. So I'll see if I can find the problem

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 02:13:31 pm »
All fixed, the culprit is my lazy eye not spotting that BIGOB is being used instead of BIGOBS, uploading fix

Thanks for Meridian for spotting the problem
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 03:28:11 pm by Yataka Shimaoka »

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 01:04:53 am »
I was hoping sometime this become officially part of the main game. I was thinking of a way to "formalize" it:

After a country is infiltrated and withdraws from the council, aliens may attempt a follow up mission known as Alien Diplomacy. Basically, the Aliens contact the government of the infiltrated nation to solidify the pace into a formal alliance. The process is similar to alien infiltration and has the same alien activity score but is impossible to stop or slow down as shooting down craft will not delay the following ship arrival.

Once the second battleship arrives, it means the alliance is signed and the country declares war on X-COM and the countries still supporting it. It will supply the aliens with human troops to conduct operations, even terror attacks. A base containing traitors will appear following the Diplomacy. Furthermore, you will no longer be able to construct bases with the borders of the traitor country and any bases still operational will be dismantled the month following the report; you will have one month to transfer all storage, craft, and personnel to other bases or sell it before it the base becomes decommissioned and any remainders are lost.

The monthly report message about the nation signing the alliance: "(Country) has signed a formal alliance with the alien forces and has declared war on X-COM."

The research about this operation: "Alien diplomacy is the follow-up to an alien infiltration. The aliens attempt to contact the nation's government following its withdraw from the X-Com project to formalize an alliance agreement. If it succeeds, the country will declare war on X-Com and the Council of Funding Nations and provide fresh human troops for the alien invaders to use for further operations. Furthermore, no further X-Com bases can be established in the traitor-controlled region and any current bases will be dismantled the following month."

The message when attempting to build a base in a traitor region: "You cannot build the base within traitor-controlled borders!"

On the third month of the game with this mod enabled, the aliens will pick a country to infiltrate and they will succeed. On the fourth month, following the signing of the pact, the aliens will target the same country for diplomacy and the following month, traitor troops begin to appear within the alien ranks.

Offline KiethSomataw99

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 02:56:25 am »
I was thinking that the traitors would be classified as Grunts, meaning they would have the alien ranks of Grunt Soldier, Grunt Engineer, Grunt Medic, Grunt Navigator, Grunt Leader, and Grunt Commander. Grunts have similar statlines to X-COM soldiers and Grunt Commanders also have Psionic Powers. Their terror unit is the Juggernaut, a traitor human in a mighty warsuit with extreme health and heavy armor. The Grunts will have the sprite of those soldier in white/grey uniforms. Deceased Grunt will become Grunt Corpse.

Partial Interrogation Research of Grunt: Human soldiers fighting for the aliens have been referred to as Grunts by X-Com operatives. Well trained and disciplined roughly to X-Com standards and armed with alien weaponry, these traitorous soldiers generally originate from countries that have signed formal alliances with the alien forces. They also come from the "scum of society", whether it be criminals, discontents, extremists, etc. Whether it is by mind control or willful obedience these troops follow the aliens' orders without question, even if it means murdering defenseless civilians in terror attacks. Even their commanders are trained in psionic arts to confuse or control their enemies. Their associated terror unit is the Juggernaut, a Grunt in a mighty and durable warsuit.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 01:17:31 am by KiethSomataw99 »