Author Topic: [DONE] [Suggestion] Neo's wishlist  (Read 9906 times)

Offline Neo23

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Neo's wishlist
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 03:19:04 pm »
I hate null reference errors. I am glad you figured out what the problem was. Looking forward for the next release and thank you very much.

P.S. I have a little additional request for interface popup sounds. My UFO alarm sound is played every time I click on the UFO to look at it for informations, but this is a bit weird. Looking at UFOs at the globe I am hearing for each one a alarm signal and "Warning, new enemy contact detected!" voiceover. Can you maybe implement a flag to only play the sound once for the first time a new UFO get spotted and the event window pops up? My original intention for the UFO event window sound was to only warn of new contacts on detection.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2017, 02:28:19 pm »
P.S. I have a little additional request for interface popup sounds. My UFO alarm sound is played every time I click on the UFO to look at it for informations, but this is a bit weird. Looking at UFOs at the globe I am hearing for each one a alarm signal and "Warning, new enemy contact detected!" voiceover. Can you maybe implement a flag to only play the sound once for the first time a new UFO get spotted and the event window pops up? My original intention for the UFO event window sound was to only warn of new contacts on detection.

You can now define alertSound on the UFO type and it will be played only once.

Code: [Select]
extraSounds:
  - type: GEO.CAT
    files:
      20: Resources/Sounds/Bagpipes.wav

Code: [Select]
ufos:
  - type: STR_SMALL_SCOUT
    alertSound: 20
  - type: STR_MEDIUM_SCOUT
  - type: STR_LARGE_SCOUT

Offline Neo23

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2017, 03:46:11 pm »
Wow, this is even better what I had imagined. Thank you, I am really appreciate your work!