Author Topic: Cydonia or Bust! Kiri's question thread. Game complete!  (Read 85561 times)

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Getting trashed lol. New question thread
« Reply #240 on: August 23, 2017, 09:27:40 pm »
...battleships then I need more firepower... 2 ripper cannons for the very high damage per second...

Spoiler:
HIT THEIR SHIELDS!
HIT THEIR SHIELDS!
HIT THEIR SHIELDS!
HIT THEIR SHIELDS!
HIT THEIR SHIELDS!
HIT THEIR SHIELDS!
HIT THEIR SHIELDS!
HIT THEIR SHIELDS!
ENEMY SHIELDS DOWN!
BOUNCED OFF THE HULL!
BOUNCED OFF THE HULL!
BOUNCED OFF THE HULL!
BOUNCED OFF THE HULL!
BOUNCED OFF THE HULL!
BOUNCED OFF THE HULL!
BOUNCED OFF THE HULL!
BOUNCED OFF THE HULL!
BOUNCED OFF THE HULL!
BOUNCED OFF THE HULL!

Bigger guns may be required. Much bigger.

If I remember correctly, the outfit a pilot is wearing has no impact on their accuracy, evasion and approach speed during interception. So that's one less thing to worry about.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 23, 2017, 09:36:28 pm »
Shields are one thing. Inbuild armor values are the next thing to be considered.
Yes, outfits do not offer any bonus for your pilots.
If they remain pilots only they can basically fly topless/nude and do gud.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2017, 12:02:53 am »
I just compared the x piratez wiki section on craft weapons to my ingame bootypedia and it seems the wiki is outdated, my lascannons performed so well because they hit a lot harder than the wiki says. Wiki says 16 dmg but it's actually 36 dmg compared to the ripper cannon's 22.

I just had a thought, if I use a dragon to down ships then do the pilots each get a chance for a bravery increase? Could be a good way to train bravery.

I already went ahead and made the ripper cannons and barracudas but I have a new plan. I assault the battleship with all 12 interceptors. The first assault will be 4 barracudas equipped with 2 l shield generators and 2 lascannons, these are to strip away the shields. After the shields go down I retreat the barracudas and send in the next 4 interceptors which will be Sabres. The reason is because I need a craft that can use missiles and which only requires 1 pilot and can survive some attacks. The Sabres will be expensive in force circuitry but I've got a base dedicated to buying and enslaving beastmasters for their force circuitry so I think I can get the shield generators I need. The Sabres will each have 1 light shield generator, 1 lascannon and 2 meteor missile launchers. Although Sabres are squishy, with their inbuilt shield and an additional shield they can take 1-2 hit. They lack the barracuda dodge but if one takes a hit I'll pull it back out of firing range then send it back in while the aggro switches to another. Meteors only have 3 shots so it wont take long for them to fire their payload and then I'll retreat them and send in the next 4. The lascannon are to keep the shields completely down but I'm considering swapping them for more shield generators (I'm just worried we won't have the firepower to bring down the battleship/silver towers if some missiles are hitting regenerating shields)

After the Sabres have fired their missiles they retreat and if the ship still hasn't gone down I'll send the barracudas back in to try and finish it off with their lascannons, relying on their high dodge, double shields and decent HP to endure long enough to bring it down. I considered bringing in a tanking craft but considering the tanking crafts aren't that much tankier than interceptors when you take The dodge of barracudas into consideration it might not be worth it. On the other hand a single dragon stationed at my main base and piloted by 5 of my A team (I'll feel safer with a 5 pilot crew knowing they live in my main base) and armed with 4 plasma cannons should be able to do some tremendous damage. All I'd need to do is let my barracudas draw fire while my dragon hammers it with it's heavy hitting plasma beams, with the pilot aim bonus and the aim bonus to ship size those plasma cannons should have the power to drop it at least twice over, I could give the barracudas 2 shield generators each and lascannons to help keep the shields down, then have the second wave with only shields equipped

EDIT: I've got an even better idea. I send my Sabre to another base from my main base, and then I put 2 dragons in my main base. They're pretty beefy already with an inbuilt shield and a ton of health. I'll use barracudas with shield generators as tanks and let my dragons do the work.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 12:06:21 am by KiriKaneko »

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 24, 2017, 02:00:16 am »
Well my monster dragons are ready. 1 of them just soloed a cruiser, next star god battleship/cruiser/silver towers will be mine!

EDIT: Dragons couldn't even catch the silver towers XD. I'll try with the barracudas. They have nice shields but they apparently don't have any armor, it shouldn't be any harder than a cruiser
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 02:17:11 am by KiriKaneko »

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 24, 2017, 02:44:43 am »
Shouldn't be any harder than a cruiser, eh?

;D

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 24, 2017, 03:23:15 am »
Well I took a star god cruiser down. When we got there we saw a dead star god in the engine. We cleared the map and there wasnt a star god coordinator, but the dead star god might have been a coordinator so maybe just unlucky this time

This is starting to remind me of that cartoon with the villains trying to catch a pigeon XD
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:31:08 am by KiriKaneko »

Offline KateMicucci

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2017, 04:26:55 am »
I've got plasma weapons researched but apparently you need an industrial printer to build them now. To build the industrial printer I need three industrial scanners. I was selling all of my crap that wasn't used in manufacturing other things and apperantly buildings aren't included on the list.

Where the heck has industrial scanners? I thought extractors used to have them but didn't find any on the last couple I shot down.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2017, 04:58:14 am »
A couple of shippings have them, like certain Cutters.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 24, 2017, 04:58:48 am »
I just compared the x piratez wiki section on craft weapons to my ingame bootypedia and it seems the wiki is outdated, my lascannons performed so well because they hit a lot harder than the wiki says. Wiki says 16 dmg but it's actually 36 dmg compared to the ripper cannon's 22.
snip

Yeah wiki is sorely outdated in a number of aspects. Alot of things have had stat adjustments, sometimes several times since the articles where last updated. Not very many of us spend time parseing rule set files, let alone with each up date. Feel free to contribute updates if you have spare time.   

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 24, 2017, 11:05:17 am »
I'll see if I can. I'm not good with techy things but if it turns out to be simple like changing a word file then I'll do it :)

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 24, 2017, 01:32:33 pm »
Ok I just took down another cruiser and there wasn't a star god coordinator inside

Are you sure that they appear in cruisers?

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 24, 2017, 03:44:57 pm »
Third cruiser, no coordinator.

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 24, 2017, 04:03:48 pm »
Totally can't do the silver towers with barracudas it keeps speeding up and it leaves pretty fast. Fortunately doesn't hit too terribly hard, I'm gonna try making a Sabre fleet since I've not really been using my barracudas lately now the dragons can handle the big ships and the sabre catches the smaller ones for me

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 24, 2017, 05:25:07 pm »
Ok so now I've got 12 sabres with maxed out pilots. Each one has 2 meteor launchers, a lascannon and a light shield generator. This time I'll definetly catch that silver towers!

Offline KiriKaneko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 24, 2017, 07:31:47 pm »
I did it! The Star Gods sent out a peacekeeping battleship and there was a star god coordinator on board! Now all I need to do is finish the bravery training (using the dragon), finish farming synthmuscle for my annihilator suits, and construct my starship. None of that should be dangerous so I think I'm in the home stretch now