Author Topic: [TILESET MCD] LIGHTNIA - Lightning Plus Other Parts  (Read 3602 times)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
[TILESET MCD] LIGHTNIA - Lightning Plus Other Parts
« on: July 14, 2017, 01:01:30 am »
I've recently become acquainted with Volutar's MCDEdit and I have been using it to make changes to tilesets as needed for my mod. Most of my changes have been going into the Lightning tileset, which was already pretty tileable from the start. It's nice to be able to build a ship into the shape that you want, rather than having one specific shape that it's made to work in. I've added many things to the Lightning tileset that improve its ability to make unique ship designs.

LIGHTNIA.MCD includes everything that LIGHTNIN.MCD already had, plus:
  • 2x2 power source
  • 1-tile craft doors for all four directions
  • 2-tile craft doors for all four directions
  • stairs for all four directions
  • north and west ramps (perhaps I will eventually add east and south ramps)
  • corner walls which include floor for when the craft sits on the ground
  • interior walls with 4 variations (taken from Avenger)
  • interior doors with unique artwork
  • instrument panels facing all 4 directions
  • 3x3 craft weapon mount
  • energy lift

Let me know what else you think this MCD should have in it. If you wish to contribute any artistic skills, post your creations here and I can have them added to the MCD. I'll decide what should go in and what shouldn't, but these are my guidelines:
1.) The more content the better.
2.) I want everything to look like it belongs in vanilla X-Com, with the same quality graphics.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:53:23 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TILESET MCD] LIGHTNIA - Lightning Plus Other Parts
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:01:13 pm »
That's excellent! I'll have to add the pieces to LIGHTNIA!

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TILESET MCD] LIGHTNIA - Lightning Plus Other Parts
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 06:12:39 am »
I've added more to the tileset! I put in a full set of 1-piece doors, instrument panels facing all directions, and I added the fourth chair. The instrument panels facing the player have improved detail showing you what's been hiding just out of sight all along, and they are animated. I also added new artwork to the pink door so that instead of being a copy of the alien's gray door, it is a door of X-Com design. Then I went through and fixed some errors throughout the MCD that didn't seem to be causing problems, but it might just work a bit better now.

I decided not to add the Tactical Lightning to this MCD as the tile pieces are incompatible--you wouldn't want both types on one craft--and also because my MCD is becoming fairly large. Instead, I have collected the MCD and zipped it up for you, which you can find attached to this post. I also changed the name of the MCD files to prevent conflict with the original Lightning. If you want the entire Tactical Lightning mod, check out the link in this paragraph to go directly to its mod page.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 06:42:19 am by The Reaver of Darkness »