aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.62)  (Read 819128 times)

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.62)
« Reply #2220 on: October 20, 2024, 05:20:56 pm »
IIRC multi-stage missions can sometimes have surface restrictions for one part and underwater ones for the other (biolab, for example).

I don't think OXCE engine provides a possibility for different item restrictions for multi-stage missions. Looking at the changelog, multistage support was added way back in 2018, but itemcategories are not supported (see the example ruleset in https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4444.msg91852#msg91852). I'm not sure what that would even mean technically mean (would you essentially only be able to use dual-use items, because you can't bring underwater-only items to stage 1?).

I'm 99 % sure I've used surface-only stun grenades in biolab level 2 ("underwater") and was unable to bring DPLs there.

Now checking the ruleset, part 1 has starting conditions STR_SURFACE, and the second part suggests that the underwater starting conditions don't actually apply (at least to items):

startingCondition: STR_UNDERWATER
(...)
    depth: [0, 0] #Because startingconditions dont work.

Offline Amoebka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.62)
« Reply #2221 on: October 20, 2024, 07:02:40 pm »
Right, I think the second stage counts as underwater for armors, but not items, which is jank.
I'm not sure what that would even mean technically mean (would you essentially only be able to use dual-use items, because you can't bring underwater-only items to stage 1?).
I think the desired behaviour is that you can bring anything, but will have to re-equip between stages. It is possible to bring underwater items on land missions, you just can't use them. At least that's how it works in vanilla TFTD, I'm not sure custom mod itemgroups allow the same behaviour.