aliens

Author Topic: Aircraft Storage?  (Read 7674 times)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Aircraft Storage?
« on: June 23, 2017, 07:35:49 am »
I'm trying to find a way to store my aircraft such that I can hold more at my base than I have hangars available for keeping them in a ready state. I want to be able to stow the craft without fuel or equipment so that I can put them into a hangar later when I want to switch them out.

Does anyone know any possible way to mod this feature in? I was thinking perhaps a 1x1 facility that can store an aircraft but can't launch it. Is there a way to set a facility to store an aircraft without fuel and equipment? And if so, is there a way to transfer it to an open hangar?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Aircraft Storage?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 08:45:01 am »
No.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 10:29:02 am »
Maybe through manufacturing special item using vessel as resource and then back?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 10:39:18 am »
Maybe through manufacturing special item using vessel as resource and then back?

Poké Balls!!  8)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 01:54:39 pm »
In heavy machinery it is called "conservation" . 8)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 05:35:21 pm »
No.

Is there no way at all, even in OXCE?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 05:37:26 pm »
Is there no way at all, even in OXCE?

As Nord said, you can transform the craft into an item, store it in the stores.... and when needed transform the item back into a craft.

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 09:36:20 pm »
What about making the hangers give you two storage space instead of one, or would that cause glitches?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 10:21:43 pm »
What about making the hangers give you two storage space instead of one, or would that cause glitches?

That would be kinda fun, as long as you can define if the craft as "small" or "standard".

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2017, 01:09:59 am »
I think it would be easier code-wise to restrict craft to certain hangars based on size - "small" craft can fit in hangars designated as "small" or "large," "large" craft need "large" hangars, then you can mod in a 1x1 hangar to designate as "small."  Or just try making a good-looking sprite+map for a 1x1 hangar without new code, and balance it somehow vs. the 2x2.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 02:08:05 am »
I guess I COULD make hangars 1x1 and just allow all craft to be launched from any hangar. The best way to balance that gameplay-wise is probably to make the craft cheaper, weaker, and more specialized so that you need more aircraft. It could also go well with a more realistic base radar range, such that you have to rely on aircraft to do your scouting.

As Nord said, you can transform the craft into an item, store it in the stores.... and when needed transform the item back into a craft.
How would I do that? I made a discussion on this topic before, and nobody there found a solution. I tried to do it but the game simply doesn't recognize an aircraft as an item that can be used in manufacturing recipes.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 05:23:41 am »
See the Mudranger->Airborne Mudranger conversation in XComFiles. I think this was even an addition to vanilla after your thread; craft can be used as required items for manufacturing, you just need an empty hangar before you start the project.  Make a project for Aircraft to Aircraft in Storage as an item, then from storage back to craft as a second project.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 08:19:35 pm »
See the Mudranger->Airborne Mudranger conversation in XComFiles. I think this was even an addition to vanilla after your thread; craft can be used as required items for manufacturing, you just need an empty hangar before you start the project.  Make a project for Aircraft to Aircraft in Storage as an item, then from storage back to craft as a second project.
I can't find that topic. In fact, when I search the forums for the word 'Mudranger', I get only 3 hits within X-Com Files, and in none of these are people even discussing the craft. One is a changelog, one is a single mention of the craft in a different discussion, and one doesn't seem to actually contain the word 'mudranger' so I'm not sure why search is pulling it up.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 08:21:59 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 08:24:36 pm »
I can't find that topic. In fact, when I search the forums for the word 'Mudranger', I get only 3 hits within X-Com Files, and in none of these are people even discussing the craft. One is a changelog, one is a single mention of the craft in a different discussion, and one doesn't seem to actually contain the word 'mudranger' so I'm not sure why search is pulling it up.

It was implemented in vanilla in january 2016: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/commit/8849077704b38e37e17d222ecac314ee5a7e97de

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 06:03:47 pm »
Sorry, I meant conversion, not conversation. XCF has a craft that you can convert into another craft, you can use that as a reference.