Author Topic: Base Defense and Rule 2  (Read 4573 times)

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Base Defense and Rule 2
« on: May 07, 2017, 01:02:07 pm »
Am I the only one, who has to think of Rules for Evil Overlords when my base gets attacked? I mean, crawl space above and sewer like tunnels below? That is the frigging 2nd rule! And the curst fire trap has all this, too! There is one flaw, though: Crawl space is not readly accessible from the hangers. But perfectly so from the lift.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 01:32:59 pm by Zharkov »

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
Re: Base Defense and Rule 2
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 10:35:24 pm »
Am I the only one, who has to think of Rules for Evil Overlords when my base gets attacked?

I guess RfEO will be added to the research tree later.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 12:57:53 pm »
I guess RfEO will be added to the research tree later.

Hm, maybe we should write some fluff, about the gals not being the evil overlords here and therefore base construction is alright as it is?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 02:05:49 pm »
Since it's called Base Defense I'm quite annoyed that scrubs like humanists and raiders get full access to plasma weaponry and blaster launchers.

So lovely to 'hunt' them in your own vents and sewers and getting one-shot by a plasma-(sub)rifle.
Stupid Crackdown-Crews get too easy access for invading your backlines and from personal experience you're quite boned if a crystallisk is lurking in your sewers.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 06:53:09 pm »
Since it's called Base Defense I'm quite annoyed that scrubs like humanists and raiders get full access to plasma weaponry and blaster launchers.

I am even more annoyed, that the attackers have a strong tendency to squat (in) the hangers and the lift. Often, it is more like a siege.^^

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 11:38:18 am »
Can be a problem with the AI that they 'decide' to not run into your line of sight because they lost thier comrades to reactionshots that way.

If you leave the AI no options (because they can't escape the way they invaded the hideout duh) they will sit in the hangars and lift and just 'patrol'.
Faction leaders never ever want to run out of the lift so we have to get close and personal with them.

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 05:04:31 am »
IMO anything in the sewers after a certain amount of time let's say 20. Should just drown. Like a flood mechanic.

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 03:42:52 am »
I'd be happy with bug hunt mode activating regardless of any other criteria after a certain number of turns in base defense.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 11:19:29 am »
I'd be happy with bug hunt mode activating regardless of any other criteria after a certain number of turns in base defense.

I tried dogs and the use of the inbuild aye-phones.
Doesn't work against Cryssalids for reasons.