Author Topic: Caffeinated Xcom [Concept Only ATM]  (Read 28483 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: Caffeinated Xcom [WIP]
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2019, 01:19:37 am »
Both the features you're asking about have been implemented in Piratez:
  • Recruiting soldiers from missions can be either done by getting an item as loot/reward from the mission (so many ways of doing that!) and then using manufacturing in OXCE to get soldiers from the items, or by having civilian units that get recruited as soldiers at the end of the mission.
  • "Mana" in Piratez has been renamed to "freshness," and it slowly drains during missions, slowly recovers at base. Low freshness is given some penalties, so it works much like a fatigue system.

Offline SuperCaffeineDude

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • supercaffeinedude
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2019, 02:12:22 pm »
Ah cool, I was thinking along the right lines then lol, is it possible to have more than 1 mana type I.e: mana and freshness?

I'll have to download it again it's been years, was a little too sexy for a prude like me  :-[ :P mechanically seems like a good time though (bleeding edge).

Extended offers so many avenues to explore I'm like a dazzled rabbit in torchlight lol

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2019, 07:29:54 pm »
I'll have to download it again it's been years, was a little too sexy for a prude like me  :-[

And it only got worse >:)
Good thing to see you're still working on new cool things!

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2019, 06:09:01 pm »
Trying to make a mod that jazzes up the original art-work and adds some new elements that I think might complement the original design.

UN Forces (Civilian) [Medium]
Note: The targeting of all earth's national militaries triggered a pact you can choose to support (Unlocks; UN Lasers, UN Adv-Alloys, ect, on market).
Note 2: Support will leak out into traitor factions such as Advent.
Advanced UN Trooper: (Unlocks when you share technology) A trooper in UN cyan, armed with laser rifle and advanced-alloy armor.
UN Trooper: A trooper in UN cyan, armed with an assault-rifle and helmet.

Hahaha I just noticed that your idea is similar to mine. I'm also working on UN troopers, if you ever need some sprites, don't hesitate to ask. ;)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • supercaffeinedude
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2019, 12:31:33 am »
And it only got worse >:)
Good thing to see you're still working on new cool things!

Lol its an amazing project regardless ;D, thank you though, I like to graze.

Hahaha I just noticed that your idea is similar to mine. I'm also working on UN troopers, if you ever need some sprites, don't hesitate to ask. ;)

Kind of you to offer :), we'll see! I'm just looking into soldier types (pilots and such), defo something that'd be cool to have though.

I've just been going through updating my OP to reflect any ambitions I'd have, it's just fluff and pie in the sky atm, I'll probably cull the ideas down a fair bit later.
I've attached a couple of vanity-pics, the power-armors are near enough what I'd like, I'll be redrawing the more conventional armors soon.
Pics are... Eldritch with Chosen, Power-Armors, Kratonian (Grunts, Chieftain, Thrall)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 12:33:51 am by SuperCaffeineDude »

Offline MercuryZeta

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2020, 08:41:19 pm »
Is this still a thing? i would love to just my hands on those new jumpsuit sprites.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Question: Left Right Armor
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2023, 01:15:46 am »
Cheers ;D , it's shaping up...

I'm trying to figure out how to save over the personal-armor information to adjust minor details right now, I seem to be missing something idk, I'll have another go at it later.

I need to do a vanilla female-PerArmor (light&heavy) portrait and adjust 6 of them for skin tone.

Ideally i'd like to also expand the number of portraits, have multiple hair styles per skin-tone. Make it like a manga (gantz), to make dudes stand out from each other, at least in the inventory (afros/hobo/bandanna/army-cap/etc).

We'll see, just seeing what's possible atm.

Hi dude,

Your work is really impressive and really nice  :o

Would it be possible that you share some stuff ? I would be specially interested by the sprite sheet of armor & shield, even if still in progress, that would be kind of you

« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 09:45:50 am by Meridian »

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2024, 08:27:55 pm »
Are you alive, dude?
It's painful to see how one of the most promising modding concepts got into dust.
The X-COM armors look great.
The new aliens look great.
The whole plot can be new and great.
What's up?

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • supercaffeinedude
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2024, 05:09:57 pm »
Hi there man, I think I am, I'm flattered by the interest, "promising" is probably generous though lol.

It's easy for me to spitball and imagine, but ideas are cheap and I'm embarrassingly fickle once I have to do something other than sketch out paperdolls or write fan-fic.
Kudos to everyone that is putting the work in, I feel very humbled, especially when I look at the community's larger projects.

Honestly I am not actively playing Xcom, and my full-time work as a baker often wipes me out, I very briefly worked on it in May 2023 after I had thoughts of doing vehicles, and shrinking down guns.
I stopped because then I started thinking of a million other things, and if I'm going to be doing all this work, why am I not doing XYZ?

I'll reformat the concept to be more "up-to-date", but in general my hobby is just the ideas themselves, so it's likely nothing to get excited about.

That said here's some more nonsense...
Spoiler:

All the best and a belated happy new year to everyone.