Author Topic: Resources I am working on for my mod..  (Read 778 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Resources I am working on for my mod..
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2019, 11:42:30 pm »
Something like this?
 :D

Offline Precentor Apollyon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 12:19:10 am »
Thank you for your kind interest. I would love to have this mod out when the time comes. Maybe a year or more. Sooner, if the other features are available. With your support, I am sure it can be sooner.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2019, 05:32:45 pm »
Something like this?

:o :o

Wow that is nice turret. Solarius, you got me jealous. I really hate myself for saying this, as much as I wanted it, it doesn't fit my ufos design landscape  >:(. I like the small turrets. Like Bio-organic and deployable, those turrets above my medium are totally deployable in the heat of battle in the form of an eggs.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 12:21:47 pm by Solarius Scorch »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2019, 05:33:43 pm »
New Terrain type. Desert waste dump.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2019, 05:35:17 pm »
Something like this?

You know, I can turn that UFO of yours into an USO from TFTD...

UFO is so classic..

[/quote]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 12:22:08 pm by Solarius Scorch »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2019, 05:44:06 am »
Progress update: 7/10

Been awhile since I update this mod diary of mine.

Mod is now progressing a lot slower thanks to life issue, none less still progressing.

All weapons has been added. Finalising some items with Bonus stats, to make the game a bit interesting to play.

I have decide to make this mod to ignore the first alien war, but jump to the second Alien war thanks to a time travel accident. Taking place in an alternate timeline. This mod will have Original UFO and TFTD research path (Slightly modified) with Apocalypse Aliens and Human faction infiltrated by skynet working for the Aliens after they had hacked our defense computers..

I can’t say my mod is as flashy like the others with awe inspiring art work and wow factors.  I am concentrating on new and interesting gameplay experience instead like turrets in battlefield for example. All tanks, armour and weapons will be strictly following the vanilla game as much as possible for original balancing.

At the moment, “production” has begun for all the tank units. I have finished experimenting with the new features OXCE (big thanks to Meridian for kindly allowing them) has to offer.

I estimate it will be a month before I finalised up to 20 new tank types including tank terror weapons for opposing human faction. Tanks on your side uses normal soldier use weapons, it can switch ammo type, dual weapons with external Rockets / torpedoes for more punch. Weapons on land can have different properties underwater and vice versa.

All the Alien races from TFTD has been added with their USOs and all weapons. Due to the sheer number of alien races. The Terror weapons from both TFTD, UFO and APOC are shared. Land and underwater battles will have different Terror weapons.

Big thanks to Firaa for his genetic instability script.  Sorry man! That it took a while to test it out. There was no clear instruction how it works and because of game limitation. Thank you for your hard work and sacrifice for giving me this feature. Extremely sorry for the frustration in testing it to verify it working.

I estimate after the tanks are done, I need a month at least to finish off with the new armours and etc. 2-3 months for all the items and weapons. 2- 3 months for all enemy faction balancing and 2 months for craft and UFOs. Then I have a beta version release. After I will add as much new terrains or other ufos that I can find to make this mod more fun to play.

That is all for now!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 06:14:34 am by Precentor Apollyon »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 09:03:18 am »
The holy grail of a hybrid mod is to have both UFO1 and TFTD merged together. The dream is now closer to reality with my recent progress. 

I can merge the two games together, but not without some radical changes due to game limitation.

First, the tech tree for both TFTD and UFO will have some minor changes in their late stages to accomodate of these changes.

There will be no more Final mission and Avenger will not travel to Cydonia. Rather, you have to find an alien starport and hijack an Alien transport to get to Cydonia or T’leth. 

To find this starport, you have to research the relevant topics and then track of this Alien transport when it first appeared on the geoscape. Then, after finding this starport, your soldiers will need to hijack the transport and then finish the relevant end story mission. The transport itself is immune to interception because of its speed. I have Meridian to thank for this beautiful idea.

The reason I choose this route was because these kind of story ending missions are only one time only. Where the option of final destination make an end game mission repeatable.

Thank you all for reading.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 02:12:04 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Today at 02:29:36 pm »
Today, I have a brain storm. Why not to have all my human faction bases populated all over the globe when a player's game starts?

This is done for many good reasons. Like Solarius XCOMfiles, I want something unique for my mod.

You start off this game as a mercenary outfit, with handed down equipments. Hell, you are not even officially an xcom organization. 

You have to start somewhere, doing contract jobs while earning vital funds and recognition, until the world govt will eventually recognize you as XCOM.

With your one helicopter and basic world war 2 vintage equipment, you have to raid human faction bases to steal equipment and money. You need to investigate human faction activities.. of why they are so hostile against the world. 

Again, the plot is kind of fluid right now. There is a period after you start that you need to build up your finance and reputation, before the aliens shows up. Human bases can launch attack craft against you and etc. You can destroy enemy human faction bases and shoot down their craft. However, there are many in the globe when you start out in your first month, like 40+

So, this is the flavor of my game.. from the screenshot, two of those bases are underwater.

If you want to raid those bases. You need a submarine/aircraft type, underwater equipment and weapons.

The enemy human faction will be waiting for you.. in Aqualungs and underwater weapons.

Well, I have to wait for Meridian to get the Alienbase land-to-sea Aliendeployment fixed up first before this can be implement properly. Hopefully one day..

« Last Edit: Today at 02:38:45 pm by Precentor Apollyon »