aliens

Author Topic: [WIP][TOTAL CONVERSION] UFO: Alien Takeover  (Read 930 times)

Offline Cooper

• Colonel
  • Chryssalids are awesome
    • View Profile
[WIP][TOTAL CONVERSION] UFO: Alien Takeover
« on: January 17, 2024, 09:39:04 pm »
Creating a new topic for my mod as the old one got super messy!

UFO: Alien Takeover is a mod for openXCom that adds new items, weapons, aliens, missions, music, tactics, UFOs, terrains and an expanded and alternative story. It makes the game harder, different, and more focused on close combat. Powerful weapons are scarce, as you play as ordinary citizens. It also makes the game longer and bigger. Research has been changed and in addition to the normal research you get projects like "Explore nearby cities" and "Basic Weapon Training".

In UFO: Alien Takeover you start the game with nothing: you only got kitchen knives, have to beg for money, and the aliens are building a base you cannot take down. This is to show that the aliens are far superior, and to make the player expect a tough challenge: because the game is the most fun when you expect it to be difficult, in my opinion.

The mod is quite close to being complete.  Minor things like a couple late game UFOpaedia articles not being too amazing are present. End game could need more balancing, but it should be pretty decent now. It is 100% playable and have been tested a lot for bugs.

Read the readme-file before playing.

Download and see more pictures in the mod portal: https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/ufo-alien-takeover!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 06:13:03 pm by Cooper »

Offline Cooper

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP][TOTAL CONVERSION] UFO: Alien Takeover
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 09:39:27 pm »
Old changelogs can be found here.

See the mod portal for more recent changelogs
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 02:52:12 am by Cooper »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 12:39:28 pm »
Hey! Congrats for the new release! I remember playing your mod years ago, it gave me a Falling Skies vibe.

I wish you great success!

Offline Cooper

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 10:09:44 pm »
Thanks!  :D

I've been working with the mod again for a while now actually, and it has come sooo long since back when you played it. Was pretty unfinished back then, and the end game was not even playable. If you are interested you can see the changelog here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4163.msg150527.html#msg150527