Author Topic: Thank you so much!  (Read 3778 times)

Offline 486DX2

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Thank you so much!
« on: March 07, 2017, 09:40:46 pm »
Dear OpenXCom people,

There are probably many topics like mine, but I don't care. I just want to say THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for making such an awesome clone of this game!!
It took me a while to find OpenXCom but I'm quite happy I did. Xcom UFO and TFTD have always been my most favorite game ever, but it was tough to
play it on a newer machine.

OpenXcom is amazing, you've actually managed to make this game even better and more enjoyable. So again: thank you so much for making this, you
guys are the best!!

Cheers,
486DX2

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you so much!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 09:02:09 am »
I made a forum account in part to agree with this post and share my thanks as well.  I've been playing this game off and on since I found it in a second hand game store some 15-20 years ago on Playstation.  Openxcom has completely reignited my obsession with this game.  Just having some of the old bugs and limitations fixed (I'm looking at you, 80 item limit) would be enough, but the minor additions like seeing radar outlines when placing bases, or being able to auto-sell manufactured items just makes the game so much more enjoyable.  Many thanks!

Offline richardhead

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 05:59:08 am »
Ditto.  Kudos for modernizing and improving this classic.  I always enjoyed the game but thought the pace too slow. I am free to have all the $ I want, make soldiers as strong or weak as I want. Totally addictive.

Offline jth42

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 12:00:43 pm »
It's a very unusual thing for someone to make, and somebody did it for one of the best games ever. Much gratitude.