Author Topic: Member Map  (Read 51840 times)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Member Map
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2019, 08:57:53 am »
There are some warnings being displayed now on the map page inside the map view.

Maybe an admin of this site should configure something there (there is a link for it)
Should be fixed now.

Offline mikestanley464

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
    • https://vidmateapp.win
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2021, 06:08:05 pm »
Wow, so many people from Europe, even some from Australia...
I can say hello in french, english, italian, and german...  But that's about it really, so I'll stick to english.

Offline LuckyClover

• Captain
  • Trying my best :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2021, 10:58:30 am »
Its always funny for me that really most Xcom people live in city complex  :)
when map showing my place its a endless mix of meadows and forest-thats Carpathian forest one of biggest one in Europe  ;D
am I the only person here who lives in green area?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2021, 05:51:25 pm »
Well I live in on the edge of a smallish town (around 20k), so I guess it counts? :)

Offline LuckyClover

• Captain
  • Trying my best :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2021, 09:02:16 pm »
its always something  :)
Sectoids would be not intrested with a terror mission in Youre town  ;D

Offline madcas

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
New member introduction
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2021, 04:36:47 am »
Can't find an introduction section so this can go here, sorry it is so wordy:

Hi, I'm Cas and just found this site... ...and wow. shame I took a 2 decade or more hiatus from playing this game, had no idea it had such a massive, skilled and time served modding community. Well done to all of you.

I first played XCOM E/U on an amiga CD32 in '94? '95? (the way way back yes I am old as balls)

...so slow loading, nice smooth graphics (not all pixelly like the PC version my best friend was playing at the time) and no option to save in battlescape so no savescumming... ...which honed my skills (my friend was amazed at this, and how my style of play was totally different, use of material cover, flanking, 2x2 squad cover formations, UFO breach tactics etc)

I still remember the first farmland landed scout UFO mission, optimistially running towards a sectoid through a cornfield with stunrod in hand, and the fun of finding new alien artifacts and races and thinking 'what the hell is that? -cant wait to reseach it!'

Anyways, wind the clock on to now, apart from flashy graphics new games seem to have not come on much from quake:rocket arena (jump jump fire jump jump  fire boring) and I decided to replay TFTD (only played through it once in the past, preferred the aesthetic of E/U and it served more as an interesting expansion pack type deal) And was thinking of replaying E/U, although played it to death on CD32 and PC way way back.

I remembered screengrabbing some inventory pics on PC and making some modified weapons pics (in MSPaint haha) and wondered if anyone had ever modded/added weapons in this game... well little did I know!

After modding quake a bit in the late 90's I learned some things about modding, such as game balance, and its easy to make things too complex and have too much going on, or mod the game out of all recognition, all of which can detract from playability, and the best version we played just had well selected new weapons updates, some good maps and a nice bot AI.

So I thought that would be nice with xcom e/u, every member on this forum will have their own ideas as to what they would want, and what you have built is a base for anyone with a bit of patience and will to learn can customise and/or build on.

With some heavy use of the search function it seems there is not much I could bring to the table now,
as my ideas all seem to have been implemented, as well of things I has not even dreamed of! Although I will show what I had in mind in a separate thread!

Massive thanks to all of you especially the die hards who I know will have devoted hours and hours and found yourselves red eyed from screen glare in the early hours making graphics or trying to get that code to stick (the least fun 'bug hunt')

-Cas