Author Topic: how to find mutant meat?  (Read 3561 times)

Offline kutchinka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
how to find mutant meat?
« on: February 22, 2017, 06:06:38 pm »
^topic^
can't find any. how do you get it?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: how to find mutant meat?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 06:12:38 pm »
Once you start !Monster Hunts! (After Animal Skinning) you will be able to butcher different critters back at base. Often this yields meat.  Another sure source of Mutant Meat is Cavern Hunts.  This is a project in the workshop/extractor, but requires prebuilt torches and javelins.  This is what I used to get enough to recruit my first recovered Castaway Gal.  You can also encounter Mutant Meat as map loot on some maps with butcher shops and kitchens.

Offline kutchinka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 06:15:44 pm »
thx! thought it's An early game thing.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 06:40:24 pm »
Not all critters you butcher mutant meat and the mission might not appear every month. Cave hunt is the best option.

Offline Scorrpio

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 07:25:31 pm »
thx! thought it's An early game thing.
There is a lot of added early stuff recently, and not a lot of info on what goes where.
Basically, Call a Meeting and visit nearby town will unlock 'Our Culture' and that opens four major directions: violence, cunning, survival, weirdness.  Survival gives you skinning and that gives cave hunts.

Offline MAX BAX

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 10:52:23 am »
You can found a bit at random missions, like crash site investigations, and especially pogroms. In fact, like apples, it depends on the map type.

Once I arrived at the Academy scientific sites, which was located at urban area. Apparently, it was a shopping area, so many buildings had cold rooms with meat lying on the floor.