Author Topic: Some questions about surrendering.  (Read 3419 times)

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Some questions about surrendering.
« on: January 20, 2017, 03:41:57 am »
What units can surrender? It is a function of Bravery? Do you need to knock or injure someway a unit for this unit to surrender? After an epic battle, I cleared a pogrom map of all enemies, except for an armored car. Well, long history short, It was a staltemate. I canĀ“t destroy the car. I was hopping for the car to surrender, but that never happens.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions about surrendering.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 04:14:12 am »
A unit has to be smart enough to surrender, first of all, generally that means they have to be able to panic.  I know humans that have panicked or been unconscious count, I don't know about animals or combat trained creatures or aliens.  As far as I know, the armored car can't be made to surrender.  Maybe a enemy had some weapon capable of taking it out?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 08:49:22 pm »
Maybe a enemy had some weapon capable of taking it out?

Or I have to learn to reserve some anti mobile weapons for those cases :)

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 10:35:55 pm »
Indeed. It's always good to have something powerful on hand, just in case you have to defeat something heavily armoured. Of course, in the early game you have very little powerful weapons anyway. Aside from the assault cannon, early game guns are basically useless against armoured cars.

... However, I just had a fairly early encounter with armoured cars myself in a pogrom in the second month. There were two cars, and I spent a lot of the mission hoping like hell that they wouldn't open my airbus' doors. (Fortunately they didn't!) I used a frag grenade and a couple of molotovs to soften them up, and finished them off with an axe. The axe or the hammer in the hands of a reasonably strong gal can beat a car in around 5 swings. (That means probably not in a single turn - so have an escape plan!)

So, the early game options for beating a car are: assault cannon; axe; hammer; weapons found from enemies.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 01:09:32 pm »
on the subject of combat cars at low tech, blackpowder bombs are generally sufficient in my experience due the combination of being vs weaker under armor and multiple instances of damage(2x2 units take dmg per tile in radius of blast.) Cars dont have a lot of hp once you get through the armor.