aliens

Author Topic: 2:01:39 X-Com Ufo Defense "no cheats" Ironman Veteran Speedrun  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Inmemorium

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
2:01:39 X-Com Ufo Defense "no cheats" Ironman Veteran Speedrun
« on: December 29, 2016, 04:55:19 am »
https://www.twitch.tv/inmemorium/v/110555474

Youtube forthcoming.

"No Cheats" - what is this?

People claimed I was "cheating" because 0 turn explosives aren't fair to the aliens.  So, I decided to show that the game is equally as if not easier with original rules.  What I mean by that is the aliens now hide much more often since they no longer have the ability to instantly explode nades.  Even my chat noticed it.  The enemy AI pathing was different - much more passive.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:22:12 pm by Inmemorium »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: 2:01:39 X-Com Ufo Defense "no cheats" Ironman Veteran Speedrun
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 05:35:01 pm »
Personally, I'm sorry for the saltiness of that last discussion Inmemorium.  Instant grenades is definitely an OXC thing that makes a pretty fundamental difference in the tactical game and as you have seen, some folks get some fairly strong opinions about it.

I personally thing OXC Speedruns are kinda cool.  I tried a few myself as an idea for YT vids a few years ago but the 1st month Base Defense bug cured me of that pretty quick.  That 6 min speed run on classic with save scumming still seems pretty amazing, but I wouldn't have the patience for it with OpenXcom.  Anyway, thanks for posting these. :)  Cheers!

Offline Inmemorium

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: 2:01:39 X-Com Ufo Defense "no cheats" Ironman Veteran Speedrun
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 10:23:36 pm »
Personally, I'm sorry for the saltiness of that last discussion Inmemorium.  Instant grenades is definitely an OXC thing that makes a pretty fundamental difference in the tactical game and as you have seen, some folks get some fairly strong opinions about it.

I personally thing OXC Speedruns are kinda cool.  I tried a few myself as an idea for YT vids a few years ago but the 1st month Base Defense bug cured me of that pretty quick.  That 6 min speed run on classic with save scumming still seems pretty amazing, but I wouldn't have the patience for it with OpenXcom.  Anyway, thanks for posting these. :)  Cheers!

All good ,man.  It goes both ways.  I took it too personally.  Slept on it overnight and realized that life is too short to get mad because people didn't "approve" of something I did.  Besides, I still have Superhuman TFTD to set a time for. ;)