aliens

Author Topic: Sell / Sack menu  (Read 30254 times)

Offline StarkMad

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Sell / Sack menu
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 01:33:35 pm »
Or make them similar to time buttons on geoscape - they have clicked state.

Good idea. I'll look at how it is done in the geoscape and update the sell menu.

Offline StarkMad

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 05:37:13 pm »
Here is the second version. I used the same approach for the buttons as the clock buttons in geoscape so as to make the sell/sack menu more consistent with the other UIs. I also added the 'Space Used' but it is a static value. It shows you the amount of storage space in use at the moment you entered the sell/sack menu. The patch file is now generated by git per the projects coding standards.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 05:55:06 pm »
looking good :)

perhaps replace 41:50 by 41/50 ?

oh, btw, will this work for over-filled storage? you know, like when a skyranger returns a lot of stuff to an already full base and the storage would be 62/50 ?

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 06:38:30 pm »
the 41:50 notation is probably done because it's consistent with the base information screen

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 06:43:17 pm »
oops again, right. well, I would like x/y better, but in this case I'd like to withdraw my suggestion in order to stay consistent :)

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 08:48:13 pm »
So now we're waiting for SupSuper (or Daiky?) to merge it ;)

Offline StarkMad

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 01:31:44 am »
the 41:50 notation is probably done because it's consistent with the base information screen

Yes, and because it was just a copy paste from BaseInfoState.

Here is an updated version that has the space used by each type of item. The last requested feature maybe a tough one. I'll have to think about how to do the

'Space Used >   41 (+7) : 50'
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:12:55 am by StarkMad »

Offline StarkMad

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 03:15:18 am »
This one should show you the overall change to space used. You need v0.2 + v0.3 + v0.4 since I'm not familiar enough with GIT to make it combine all the patches together.

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 07:55:05 am »
Good work :D

Here's another idea. All this texts have blue color. I wonder that maybe it would be worth to try to use different colors? For example for : "Value of sales", "Funds", "Space used". Also maybe different colors for value and space column?

I'm not sure if it's possible now in OpenXcom engine (pallete limitations?). But maybe that way, OpenXcom gui could be made more interesting than original one ;)

What do you guys think? One color to rule them all, or couple of colors?

Volutar

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 08:21:57 am »
Totally agreed. Having whole windows elements in one color is a bad idea. Like we have monochrome displays.

1. Ammo and item colors should differ (there are already examples).
2. Table heading should have more neutral color.
... Textual content have to be colored anyways, and not only for this window! Probably columns better to be having different colors,
N. Quantity/Sall/Sack columns as other numeric fields should get right alignment, and "^v" buttons visually have to be between them (for the moment they are closer to left column)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 08:34:46 am »
N. Quantity/Sall/Sack columns as other numeric fields should get right alignment, and "^v" buttons visually have to be between them (for the moment they are closer to left column)

agreed. considering that "^" and "v" change the number to be sold (which is in the right column), they should be closer to that one. right now it might be confusing.

about adding colors: yes, this might make some things a bit more clear. but please don't turn it into angry fruit salad, the almost-monochrome interface does fit the militaristic setting of the game. :)

EDIT: is this still a mod, or will it find its way into the main branch? even before V1.0? just asking... :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:47:42 am by moriarty »

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 10:14:03 am »
So now we're waiting for SupSuper (or Daiky?) to merge it ;)
I'll leave it to SupSuper

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 10:19:27 am »
Yes, and because it was just a copy paste from BaseInfoState.

Looks good, but could we do something about making capitalisation consistant though? And maybe add the > arrow after space in the top section to be consistant with funds?

Cheers

Offline StarkMad

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 02:10:42 am »
I found a way to squash all of my commits into one so that I can have one patch to rule them all  ;D. Changes in this version include:

- Changed capitalization on 'Items' and 'Quantity' column headers to make it more consistent.
 - Moved Up/Down arrows a little to the right.
 - Made the text lists a different color so that the menu wasn't monochromatic.

Offline Amunak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My homepage (czech only)
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 03:48:51 am »
I found a way to squash all of my commits into one so that I can have one patch to rule them all  ;D. Changes in this version include:

- Changed capitalization on 'Items' and 'Quantity' column headers to make it more consistent.
 - Moved Up/Down arrows a little to the right.
 - Made the text lists a different color so that the menu wasn't monochromatic.
Nice patch, but I don't really like the green color. Is it really necessary to make it non-monochromatic? This definetly doesn't fit the game style.