Author Topic: Land Use Only  (Read 3893 times)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Land Use Only
« on: November 01, 2016, 01:41:44 am »
For TFTD it would be nice if there was conversely an option to make items Land Use Only, cant use them underwater.

Though I would like to make that apply to grenades there's other equipment that could work as substitutions to aquatic items, and could even be more effective.

For example the original xcom laser weapons, available right from the start of the game because the technology has become commercialized and they've been sitting around in lockers for the past 40 years. And a rocket launcher to supplement the torpedo launcher. But in order to have those available for use for terror missions or base defense they'd be taking up storage space so there's the balance.

With that I had an idea for special rules for artificially scaling up the weight of items when it comes to throwing (underwater) to avoid breaking game mechanics, but artificially increase their weight so you cant throw them far. Or imply they are fired from some kind of non-item launcher which gives them a limited range and arcing trajectory similar to the deep-one weapon (maybe all the grenades including sonic pulsers are hand launched mini-torpedoes that only have enough thrust to launch them in an arc).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Land Use Only
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 01:55:12 am »
It is already possible in OXCE+, through the environmental conditions (aka starting conditions).

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 01:16:14 am »
OXCE+
People keep referencing that but im interested in the nightlies/2.0.
Is OXCE+ compatible with the nightlies and the existing mods? It doesn't seem to be so?

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 03:29:33 am »
I just did a complete TFTD run using OXCE+ - some of the colors were off on the added features due to TFTDs ugly pallette, but it worked fine.  The only thing I had to do was use my own custom extra_strings ruleset so the new stuff wasn't in pirate speak :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 09:06:01 am »
It's compatible with January nightly.

Colors for TFTD and default texts will be fixed before Xmas.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 08:42:22 pm »
It's compatible with January nightly.
I hope that in next week it will change :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 11:31:14 am »
For TFTD it would be nice if there was conversely an option to make items Land Use Only, cant use them underwater.

FYI, this has been done in vanilla recently.