Author Topic: Get moar elerium/zrbite  (Read 1963 times)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Get moar elerium/zrbite
« on: October 31, 2016, 11:16:12 pm »
Old trick I did on vanilla editing was to take the Zrbite item and give it alot of armor, usually like 190-200 armor. Since the game places this "item" on the map right under the engines that explode, it means it invariably eats the fuel since the item traditionally has 0 armor (even a minor explosion near it will kill it too). Dont remember how much damage the exploding engines does but after some tweaking I found when I dropped the armor on the fuel to like 160-190 it started eating it sometimes and thats what I wanted.

(with OXC it can be put somewhere else, but if it had 0 armor it might still vanish anyway along with the dead aliens in the ship)

While purists would call having more fuel heresy, aside from giving the capability to actually manufacture the stuff, game mod balance can be used to make sure the player has to use more of it aside from it also being used as fuel for the advanced ships.

(unrelated: I am considering making zrbite manufacture capable, but itll cost about as much as a medikit in money and time to produce every unit, and it doesnt get unlocked until you unlock the final mission because of 11th hour superpower)

I do have the question though - does OpenXcom proclude that process now and just deletes those items if the ufo is crashed? Havent checked yet, but I don't wanna get heartbroken over it.