aliens

Author Topic: [Documentation] Surrender mode and Bug-Hunt mode  (Read 29233 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Surrender mode and Bug-Hunt mode
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2016, 05:11:21 pm »
OK, thanks for the answer. And I'm glad it was as I thought. :)

Btw. after dust settles I will remove (or merge) unused modes... they are confusing and I need to fix funny situations with so many modes... as we have seen with the last 2 critical bugfixes.

Which mode is active right now? Other than the mechtoid fiasco I haven't seen a surrender yet.

Well, Piratez use mode 2 while X-Com Files use mode 1. The reason is that morale works differently in both mods (because in Piratez you play as, well, pirates, while XCF has campy FBI agents), so they need different conditions. AFAIK nobody's using mode 3 yet.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2016, 05:16:37 pm »
Piratez use mode 2.

Surrender does work, in a test mission I had 2 Ninjas surrendering, and I think I've seen one surrender in Gaudium's stream as well.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2016, 11:59:39 pm »
I've had some humanists and spartans surrender. Though keep in mind I play on the second difficulty, so it's probably going to be less common on the hardest ones.

Offline Nygmus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2016, 08:12:58 pm »
Mode 2 (dioxine's first idea): all enemies can surrender (new flag) and all are "broken" (panicked/berserked now or in the past or stunned in the past and woken up)

Does this mean that we should no longer have to be so cautious with certain units that are hard to capture, such as Ghouls? Assuming Ghouls are able to surrender, that is.

That'd certainly be nice. One of the most aggravating things about pogroms with Ghouls along is trying to finish the mission while also trying to keep those damned bastards down so we can try to beat Toxiguns out of them.

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2016, 08:37:36 pm »
How about a player surrender mode for units that end up stunned/MIA?

I had a mission I lost like that. 5 hands stunned, one dead. There went the Airbus lol.

Of course, in the end you have to pay a ransom - a big fat one.

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Offline tylor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2016, 10:11:44 pm »
How about a player surrender mode for units that end up stunned/MIA?

I had a mission I lost like that. 5 hands stunned, one dead. There went the Airbus lol.

Of course, in the end you have to pay a ransom - a big fat one.

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Have you tried using manacles?

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2016, 05:52:26 pm »
I'm playing on Superhuman and I get surrenders all the time - there are certain units that can't surrender - but it works.   

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2016, 02:48:47 pm »
To maximize the chance of enemy surrendering, attack fast and hard - enemy Morale regenerates every turn and you need to either panic or stun everyone who's alive at least once.
The biggest problem is when a high-Bravery or never-surrenders unit hides somewhere, blocking the surrender of all the others.

Offline Absalom

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2016, 06:17:33 pm »
I'd like to thank Meridian for this addition - has made my life much easier, especially in a recent mission that had a random civilian stuck in a tower in the corner of the map with no doors.  Thankfully I always bring hammers etc for such occasions.

To maximize the chance of enemy surrendering, attack fast and hard - enemy Morale regenerates every turn and you need to either panic or stun everyone who's alive at least once.
The biggest problem is when a high-Bravery or never-surrenders unit hides somewhere, blocking the surrender of all the others.

It's actually interesting balance-wise since the best way to get a quick surrender is to kill as many as possible, especially the leaders, as soon as possible to maximize morale drop.  It provides an alternative to just stunning everyone for the ransom by trading ransom money for mission complete speed.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2016, 06:41:15 pm »
I'd like to thank Meridian for this addition - has made my life much easier, especially in a recent mission that had a random civilian stuck in a tower in the corner of the map with no doors.  Thankfully I always bring hammers etc for such occasions.

You're very welcome.
And thanks for the thanks, always makes my day.