aliens

Author Topic: Need help with installing and getting the final mod pack to work?  (Read 5026 times)

Offline whisper micmillon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
I'm lost on how to get it to work cause everything I try just fails like for example I'm told to put the mod in the standard folder which hey I dont have one unless I get a nightlies download which just ends up breaking ever fucking thing and it doesnt help that the 'how to install' list is extremely vague and not helpful at all sence it doesnt really tell me anything

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with installing and getting the final mod pack to work?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 09:58:01 am »
I'm lost on how to get it to work cause everything I try just fails like for example I'm told to put the mod in the standard folder which hey I dont have one unless I get a nightlies download which just ends up breaking ever fucking thing and it doesnt help that the 'how to install' list is extremely vague and not helpful at all sence it doesnt really tell me anything

Welcome to the forum!

Part 1
---------
1. do NOT install OpenXcom 1.0.... yes I know it is the only official version we have... but it doesn't work with most mods unfortunately
2. if you have installed OpenXcom 1.0 already, uninstall it completely and also delete the OpenXcom folder in your "Documents" folder completely

Part 2
---------
3. Download the latest nightly
4. put it on your desktop and extract
5. Find the UFO subdirectory and copy the necessary files from the original game there... see readme file for the list of what you need
6. run the game to see if it works

Part 3
---------
7. Download the latest FMP
8. find the OpenXcom directory in your "Documents" directory and go into the "mods" subfolder... put the FMP archive there and extract it
9. run the game
10. go into Options > Mods in the game
11. enable FMP
12. game will restart and you can play

PS: no need to use the offensive words... people here can help you, but they will mostly not give a fuck if you first throw a bucket of shit at them... try to use your frustration a bit more creatively... would you help anyone if they asked you a question this way?

Offline whisper micmillon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with installing and getting the final mod pack to work?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 11:58:22 am »
Welcome to the forum!

Part 1
---------
1. do NOT install OpenXcom 1.0.... yes I know it is the only official version we have... but it doesn't work with most mods unfortunately
2. if you have installed OpenXcom 1.0 already, uninstall it completely and also delete the OpenXcom folder in your "Documents" folder completely

Part 2
---------
3. Download the latest nightly
4. put it on your desktop and extract
5. Find the UFO subdirectory and copy the necessary files from the original game there... see readme file for the list of what you need
6. run the game to see if it works

Part 3
---------
7. Download the latest FMP
8. find the OpenXcom directory in your "Documents" directory and go into the "mods" subfolder... put the FMP archive there and extract it
9. run the game
10. go into Options > Mods in the game
11. enable FMP
12. game will restart and you can play

PS: no need to use the offensive words... people here can help you, but they will mostly not give a fuck if you first throw a bucket of shit at them... try to use your frustration a bit more creatively... would you help anyone if they asked you a question this way?

thanks for the reply and I didn't mean to come off that way so I'm sorry for doing so