Author Topic: Drawing corpses and weapons on the floor (a small problem in the game)  (Read 2023 times)

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
How I realized, the game draws icon of the heaviest item on the floor in the battlescape. If there are a corpse and a weapon in the same cell and the weapon are heaviest that corpse then the player will not see the corpse. On the images you can see the differences (second image contains weapons that heavier corpses).

I think, it will be great, if the game paints corpses before items, regardless their weights.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:18:39 pm by CanadianBeaver »

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I like this idea as well; I would like the corpse to get priority. I have a couple items that are really heavy as a way of balancing them and it always looks funny when the soldier carrying it dies and his corpse disappears beneath the item.

One might argue it isn't very realistic having items heavier than bodies, but the weight value is actually supposed to signify "encumbrance" rather than weight. So really these items are encumbering, not super super heavy.

From the UFOPaedia: "Item Weights do not directly correlate to weight (e.g. in kilograms), and the relationship is not even a linear one. Think of it instead as a measure of how much the item causes Encumbrance. The Weight value should not be considered an actual physical quality such as mass."