Author Topic: Score keeps declining.  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Star_Treasure

• Captain
    • View Profile
Score keeps declining.
« on: July 12, 2016, 11:42:51 pm »
My score keeps going down every week even though I'm doing most of the missions. What causes this other than killing civilians and missing missions?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Score keeps declining.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 12:07:48 am »
Some events cause negative score: Enemy hideouts, Probably sway govt missions and conversion missions. 

What you don't see is the score accumulating from research until the end of the month, if I'm not mistaken.  So while your score may look abysmal right now, you may be fine at the end of the month.

Offline Star_Treasure

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 12:21:55 am »
It's the end of the month where I see my score lowering for no apparent reason. Everything looks fine in geoscape and then at the end of the month I'm told everyone thinks i'm a big joke. I don't see any enemy hideouts and the only UFOs I see are civilian traffic and the occasional guild hopper. The latter of which I shoot down and take every last passenger on-board hostage.

Does intercepting UFOs, only to leave them once it turns out to be civilian effect your score?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 12:44:08 pm »
Under Graphs, do you get high UFO activity in any of the zones?
If there's a specific zone with unusually high activity, something's clearly going on there. Patrol the area if you can.

Offline Star_Treasure

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 06:41:59 pm »
The player does not really have that ability early game. I lost my one charge laser when the jetbike got shot down. Now I just have a Pachyderm.