Author Topic: Why tho  (Read 2543 times)

Offline ThatDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
Why tho
« on: June 29, 2016, 11:09:20 pm »
I was playing with the latest version of the mod and something that REALLY pissed me off was that I was completely unable to respond a Mutant Pogrom solely because that damned bus couldn't reach it before running out of fuel, Is this intentional?

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Why tho
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 12:09:07 am »
I believe it is, the range of your airbus is just a bit sucky, as is its radar and flight speed.
However, unless you've researched the mutant alliance, you aren't penalized for being unable to get there or just plain ignoring it.  You will be penalized normally for landing and immediately leaving, though.

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Why tho
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 01:22:06 am »
Its intentional in the sense that your starting bus is pretty low tech, and there are a lot of things it can't do. I doesn't have global reach; it doesn't have any weapons; its very slow; it has low carrying capacity...

Not being able to reach the progrom is a side effect of this. It isn't "intentional" in the sense that the game isn't deliberately putting in progroms which you can't reach; but it is a known and normal part of the game now. (And as ThatDude points out, you will not be penalised for missing the progrom in the early parts of the game. So you've got plenty of time to get a longer range ship before it really matters.)