Author Topic: Incorporating VR into old games  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
Incorporating VR into old games
« on: June 10, 2016, 06:57:58 am »
You can do many different things with VR and I don't know how to explain it, but I would say you can stretch out the screen to fill up a whole section of your sight and you'd have to move your head to see from the left side to the right and all that good stuff. Increase resolution?

We also talk about VR experiences. I only checked out the Samsung one at Best Buy. Not really that good, but for me being the first time, the demo was awesome. Can't wait the price to drop...

Offline Cooper

• Colonel
  • Chryssalids are awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Incorporating VR into old games
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 04:55:25 pm »
I was messing around with Unity 3D a while back, where you could create games very easily that run on VR. I found a way to import 3D models from Sketchup, and added a medium scout that someone had created, from the online warehouse. Felt pretty awesome to actually walk around inside a medium scout "in real life" :D (the immersion was super amazing)

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 11:34:28 pm »
I think more and more that the good use of VR is for interactive visits. Cultural, touristic, "testing" a house before you build it, or horror/infiltration/exploration/detective games.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 12:41:07 am »
Oh shoot, I never thought of that... Damn I gotta wait for that price drop too... Damn I wish I had one! The cheaper ones require a mobile phone, so I might end up with that, but I want premium.