Author Topic: Confused by XG weapon requirements  (Read 2813 times)

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Confused by XG weapon requirements
« on: May 14, 2016, 10:34:21 am »
I've just researched XG assault, and XG rifle. I can now build the ammo, but I cannot build the weapons themselves. The game hasn't given my any hints as to why I can't build them.

I just checked the wiki to find out what's going on, and I discovered that I need Gauss Defences in order to build the XG weapons. That seems strange to me, because I can't yet build gauss defences; in fact, I can't even research them yet.

Why can I research XG weapons without this prereq. even being mentioned? Have I done something weird?

(By the way, I'm still on 0.98B. So if this has already been changed, then I'm sorry for bringing it up. I didn't see anything about it mentioned in the changelog; other than maybe "Research & manufacture updates & fixes".)

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Confused by XG weapon requirements
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 10:50:44 am »
You might need a gauss defence in your hideout to build xg weapons: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Manufacturing_(Piratez)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 03:19:04 pm »
Yes. The info was missing from the Pedia.

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 12:30:50 am »
Fair enough. An update to the 'pedia would solve the issue for me. The only problem was that I didn't know what was required to build the weapons. So if that's now shown in the 'pedia entry for those weapons, then that's the end of the problem.

Thanks.