aliens

Author Topic: [Solved]Ubuntu 16.04 won't run after compile  (Read 16907 times)

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Ubuntu 16.04 won't run after compile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 02:14:56 am »
Not really sure if it was the removal of the yaml 5v5 package that fixed it. I did start with a new source download. Just happy it works now.
Assuming you only downloaded OXC source, this is a strong indicator supporting the claim that the yaml-package was shadowing the self compiled one somehow.

That host thing is coming up when using sudo. Started after I changed the hostname of the computer. Haven't bothered looking into a fix for it since it doesn't seem to matter. Maybe it would matter if I where connecting over network though. For now it lands on the ignore until it breaks pile.  ;D
If ever needed, you might want to use the hint i left in that post ;)

Also it might have been from https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Compiling_%28OpenXcom%29
It is the first one listed under dependencies.
Hmm yes .. but that one is listing the general names of the required software not ubuntu/debian package names, those have their own pages ;)

Oh and while I was messing with OBS settings I ran a battle scenario. Moved the first soldier one step. That was as far as he got.  :'(
Sorry .. OBS .. sometimes i'm bad with abbreviations .. care to elaborate?

Offline MuNglo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved]Ubuntu 16.04 won't run after compile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 03:46:57 am »
OBS : Open Broadcast Service

For streaming/videocapture. They reworked it from scratch and now it's multiplattform and called OBS Studio. Works really good. Only problem I have is the mousebutton for push to talk. It works only in menu to bind it.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2016, 01:02:27 am »
Thanxs for the clarification.

Does this mean you're streaming your games, if so you might want to leave a link to your LP here. There is a general interest for those (if only to learn new tactics ;))

Offline MuNglo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 06:23:57 am »
I played through TFTD and UFO Defence early this year while streaming it on twitch. Best part was one guy that turned up just shouting "OMG FINALLY SOME1 IS STREAMING THIS GAME!"
Not a good quality stream or anything but I did get a few people coming back and it added an extra layer of entertainment of the game.
I did break 20 viewers once and for a shitty stream of such an old game I gotta say that was pretty good.

This weekend though it turns out Rainbow 6 Siege has +50% renown so been playing that instead. But the plan is to stream the game again once I start up a real play through.

Will be on https://www.twitch.tv/munglo
schedule EU CET whenever I get going I guess so no promises or anything :) As I said I've just been streaming for fun and no real planning.

Oh and don't know about the tactics. Not sure it be wise to copy me. End mission last time of TFD was an 6 or 8 hour stream dodging those waypoint missiles I can't even remember the name of now. I wasn't playing on superhuman but I lost half the squad bu magic around the corner blind perfect shots. :(
If anything can be said about TFTD it is that it doesn't hold punches.