Author Topic: Smugglers. Invisible melee attacker and unpassable obstacle?  (Read 4502 times)

Offline a0kribu

• Captain
    • View Profile
Smugglers. Invisible melee attacker and unpassable obstacle?
« on: April 30, 2016, 05:57:39 pm »
I am getting hunted down by an invisible claw monster who warps around and I can't get to the last part of the enemy ship either.

What the fuck?
How can I get out of this situation?

Save file attached.

Offline a0kribu

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Smugglers. Invisible melee attacker and unpassable obstacle?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 06:02:51 pm »
I think the invisible melee attacker spawned when I grenaded the cat claw lady corpse few turns earlier so it's a bug.
That still leaves the issue of getting to the rest of the ship though.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 06:11:57 pm »
Congratulations you have found a "public enemy" a exiled stargod. They are invisible and this particular stargod has a force blade. If you don't have aye-phones so you can pinpoint his movements run away. Also only aoe weapons like grenade will have any effect. The mechanic that makes them invisible also renders there surfaces unhitable.

As to get to the rest of the ship there are lots of visually hidden lifts in the smuggler ship. They function the same as any other lift just you can't see the red floor tiles due to walls.

Offline a0kribu

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 06:17:38 pm »
Well that explains I suppose.
Ty.

Offline a0kribu

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 06:19:40 pm »
Land mines should work as well would they not?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 07:53:45 pm »
Land mines work just somewhat unreliable given very small trigger radius. At least IMO.

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 10:07:18 pm »
The description of the situation in first post sounds a lot like "Predator" movie :)

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 01:38:00 am »
Congratulations you have found a "public enemy" a exiled stargod. They are invisible and this particular stargod has a force blade. If you don't have aye-phones so you can pinpoint his movements run away. Also only aoe weapons like grenade will have any effect. The mechanic that makes them invisible also renders there surfaces unhitable.

As to get to the rest of the ship there are lots of visually hidden lifts in the smuggler ship. They function the same as any other lift just you can't see the red floor tiles due to walls.

You know what? I've successfully killed a bunch of these guys, and it never once occurred to me to use an aye phone to find them. That makes me feel stupid. (I also didn't use grenades.)

As it turns out, there is one angle from which you can see & attack the stargods. If you can work out where they are (eg, blocked terrain), then walk around that spot until you find the right angle - then kill it! (Note: you have to be on that same angle to actually shoot it too. Knowing where it is isn't enough. You can't hit it from the wrong angle.)

--

[edit]
I guess part of the reason I didn't think to use the aye phone is that I didn't have on the first time I met a stargod, and so I suppose I just worked out how to beat it without the sensors and then stuck with what I knew.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:43:36 am by karadoc »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 03:11:49 am »
yes there is an angle but its pattern of appearance is irregular every height/faceing combination puts it in a slightly different place. Did i mention stargods can fly? Scanning plus explosives is the safer route if killing them is your only goal. The higher tier stargods are deadly accurate and can 2 shot gals due to there 90% armor penetration.