Author Topic: Is my game bugged? *possible spoilers*  (Read 4903 times)

Offline a0kribu

• Captain
    • View Profile
Is my game bugged? *possible spoilers*
« on: April 29, 2016, 05:38:45 am »
I am having real problems with the game and need some help.

First up, I have completed  the Voodoo School building and a month has cycled but it did not trigger the Psi Training menu like it used to do in Xcom UFO defense. Is this normal and if yes how am I supposed to access this facility?

Second. I can not equip Seagull Launchers on any of my craft. When I go to the equip menu the Seagull Launcher simply does not appear. It is available for me as a purchase from the market, I have gotten it as a loot I have bought sold and transfered it to and from other bases. Nothing helps.
I have a Bonaventura, a Kraken and a Swordfish. If I understand it correctly it is supposed to go to the Heavy Weapons mount on Kraken / Bonaventura?
Am I simply missing some additional research?

Third. I can manufacture ammunition for my Gauss cannons on the ships but not for my Gauss Pistols. What gives?
The small weapons ammunition (well, weapons as well but NA for this game) has always been prerequisite for the larger ones in this series.
Again missing some research or what?

Apart from that thoroughly enjoying the experience. Keep up. :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Is my game bugged? *possible spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 05:57:12 am »
1 - Are you sure you don't have "psi training anytime" option turned on? That removes the popup and allows you to start training at any point. Just right click the facility when in the base screen.

2 - Seagulls are missiles, you need a craft with missile slots. I know that the Bonny doesn't have any, not sure about the other ones but I assume they don't either. Try on a hunter-killer or other interceptor type craft. Missile slots are abbreviated "MS" in the crafts' ufopaedia article, by opposition to light ("LT") and heavy ("HV") slots.

3 - How do you manufacture ammo for your gauss cannons? If you do it from "Gauss Cannon Magazines", after having researched "Gauss Cannon Parts", then all the runts are doing is unpacking the ammo out of a box, they are not making it. The tech for actually making Gauss ammo needs a lot more work to be obtained.

Aside from that, it's hard to tell much more unless you give more details and/or a save.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 06:04:17 am »
I am having real problems with the game and need some help.

I concur with everything Arthanor told you.  It sounds like you are either mid or late-Early Game still.  Many of these capabilities you think should work actually take a lot more work.  Gauss weapons are essentially early/mid-game loot weapons that you have to scavenge and use wisely.  Much patience, and more Brainers! ;)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 06:44:20 am »
Snip
First up, I have completed  the Voodoo School building and a month has cycled but it did not trigger the Psi Training menu like it used to do in Xcom UFO defense. Is this normal and if yes how am I supposed to access this facility?
Snip

No there is no popup. The training is still working rest assured. The lack of popup likely has something to do with the way training operates in the mod. You are just forced to go check the gals results manually. I would venture that the popups are not there because of the dojo building also working with the same part of the core game systems. If the popups where there i would bet every dojo would produce a popup every single day. I for one dont mind loseing one good report to prevent game spaming me with nth degree pointless ones.

The information on the results can be seen by clicking the voodoo school button in the hands screen. Also the individual gals stat page will display this information as well.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:47:08 am by legionof1 »

Offline a0kribu

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 07:13:37 am »
1 - Are you sure you don't have "psi training anytime" option turned on? That removes the popup and allows you to start training at any point. Just right click the facility when in the base screen.

This worked ty. I hadn't played open Xcom so I didn't know they changed it. :)
2 - Seagulls are missiles, you need a craft with missile slots. I know that the Bonny doesn't have any, not sure about the other ones but I assume they don't either. Try on a hunter-killer or other interceptor type craft. Missile slots are abbreviated "MS" in the crafts' ufopaedia article, by opposition to light ("LT") and heavy ("HV") slots.

Ah yeah that figures I guess I missed it? Somehow thought they only had two types of hard points.

3 - How do you manufacture ammo for your gauss cannons? If you do it from "Gauss Cannon Magazines", after having researched "Gauss Cannon Parts", then all the runts are doing is unpacking the ammo out of a box, they are not making it. The tech for actually making Gauss ammo needs a lot more work to be obtained.
By choosing this option from the workshop:
https://imgur.com/jy3l9zN

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 12:50:56 pm »
Huh you seem to have ended up quite a bit deeper in one specific section of the tree(craft ammo) then you have anywhere else. Like alot deeper. It is uncommon but it happens now and again.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 02:05:11 pm »
Replenishing of Gauss Cannon ammo is relatively (relatively!) easy to achieve. Hand-held Gauss is another thing altogether.

Offline The Think Tank

• Captain
  • "If we can't see them, they can't see us!" - Rook
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 09:31:25 pm »
Just farm some fighters for Gauss Cannon Mags, and then farm some bases for Gauss Muskets and Pistols, it is an easy way to make a lot of money and find some really good weapons. (Gauss pistols/muskets are still an exceptional auxiliary weapon for your base defense runts, AKA rookies in the late game, so always try to keep a few of them around.)