Author Topic: Expnded base layout  (Read 3707 times)

Offline x60mmx

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Expnded base layout
« on: April 28, 2016, 11:12:09 pm »
I'm sure this has been tossed around, but I curious to see what the consensus on this topic is.

With all the expanded base possibilities of Piratez,  you really need to build new bases to take advantage of all of it.  Fun facilities like the firebomb rooms and corridors combined with larger facilities makes me really wish I could build a bigger and more intricate base instead of having to be spread out with numbers of regular bases.  The vanilla base size always felt fine in the design of X-Com, but it feels limiting in Piratez which provides the opportunity for so much more depth to the facilities.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Expnded base layout
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 12:14:07 am »
I like it better then vanilla at least some of the tracking bases get do something else.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 12:00:20 pm »
The 'I can't built everything in a single base' feel is fully by design. The game allows you to build 8 but in vanilla, you were using 1, 2 at most - the rest were radar/interception stations (sometimes with storage space).

Also expanded bases = impenetrable AA defences everywhere.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 01:03:46 pm »
Eh invulnerable bases happen anywhere you dont need hangers(given funds and time). The presence of mixed purpose buildings make it easy to cram sufficient firepower into a base without harming your other abilities at said base. My industrial base is a third sam sites. And the sams hold the majority of the living space.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 02:03:57 pm »
I don't have anything about invulnerable AA defences, as long as you need to sacrifice a measurable amount of space to build them. I'll be also cutting SAM site crew from 10 to 5 since SAM was too advantageous in comparison to other defensive systems. It gets a small radar though (in an anticipation of future possibility for some base defences to attack ships that fly too close).

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 02:15:12 pm »
fair and intriguing.