aliens

Author Topic: Cursor isn't following  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Riot_Izanagi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Cursor isn't following
« on: April 10, 2016, 04:42:52 am »
I have a poopy laptop, so, to have a tactical RPG, I got Xcom. I started looking for mods, and found this. I used the 3/25/16 nightly, and it worked well, but thought to update. I updated to the 3/28/16 nightly (went on a trip), and the cursor is one tile to the north-east, and has been every nightly since. I have tried every nightly since, and it hasn't fixed. I use a cable, usb mouse normally, but the trackpad is no different. If anyone has any tips or advice, thank you.

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
Re: Cursor isn't following
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 06:33:59 am »
If you still have the old nightly, you can try rolling back.  What are you resolution and zoom level settings?  That might affect it in which case there's a problem that needs to be ferreted out.

Offline Riot_Izanagi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 09:32:19 pm »
I tried something, and am testing it currently. I never used a zoom setting. I tried the original resolution, can't remember what that is, 800x600, and 1200x700. What I'm trying should have been a first step, didn't think about it. I deleted the OpenXcom documents, including the configuration files, then got the new nightly. I am testing to see if it was maybe the combinations of the standard mods I had enabled.

Offline g5-freemen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 10:32:55 pm »
try to delete options.cfg on drive C in Documents\OpenXCom

Offline Riot_Izanagi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 12:06:37 am »
I did that, and with no mods/changed settings, everything worked fine. I changed settings/mods when I was at 1200x700, and did the following: All sound off, Drag on Geoscape with left mouse, show funds on UI, Drag edge scroll on Battlescape with left mouse, set scroll speed to four pips from zero, show arrows and TUs on path, Death Notifications On, Allow Building Queue, Start Psi training Any Time, Field Sromotions, Inventory Stats, Enhanced Soldier Sprites, Smooth Bullet Camera, Confirm Weapon Fire, Psi-capture, Psi-strength Development, Override Line of Fire, Aliens Pick Up Weapons, Craft Carry Capacity, Gun Melee, Starting Missles, Fighter Transports, Pistol Auto-fire, Skyranger Weapon Slot, Improved Starting Base, Improved Starting Base Defense, and Statstrings. At 640x400 with these settings, it worked normally. With 800x600, the selected space when clicking would be one south from the shown highlighted position. At 1200x700, the cursor was very specific. It would only select the highlighted space if the left box created by the highlight shape was clicked.