Author Topic: Advice for choosing the compilation way  (Read 13898 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for choosing the compilation way
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 10:49:09 pm »
Now I will try to fork but no sure what. OXC or extended? Not sure. My aim is to include more advanced options that already implemented by community but never used, like advanced scanner, throw trajectory, manual control of civilians and etc. So you will get tons of experimental user decide options.

You can only fork OXC... you cannot fork Extended, because it is already a fork... thanks Github.

Anyway, fork whatever YOU want... people will either like it or not. Btw. I will be looking at throw trajectory and motion scanner in oxce+ too, soon.

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 11:49:31 pm »
You can only fork OXC... you cannot fork Extended, because it is already a fork... thanks Github.

Actually, I think you can "fork", but it's using git itself to implement it by adding remote repos.  It's outside of Github for adding another fork of the same repo.  I did this while working on Shoe's fork before it was merged upstream.  I had forked OXC and then added his fork as a another remote repo to my fork and pulled it into a branch.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:02:03 am by jgatkinsn »

Offline Xtendo-com

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 11:15:44 am »
Thanks, I will try to learn git features before implementing anything else. My unoriginal nickname was already taked in github, so I changed my nickname to someone else.

Offline Xtendo-com

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 07:24:46 am »
I will be looking at throw trajectory and motion scanner in oxce+ too, soon.
motion scanner easy to include using this diff but not easy to fix issue that spoil a level since it uses a render code that checks title by title, level by level "if current title contain unit" and "if unit is scanned in that turn", so I'm trying to found a way to manually change level to lowest for rendering scan result in battlescape.

Fixed, but spends more not necessary cycles.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 08:50:43 am by Xtendo-com »