Author Topic: Some feedback, some questions  (Read 16078 times)

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Some feedback, some questions
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2016, 04:24:21 am »
1:some techs have certain slave types as prereqs.
2: not gona touch that idea
3: some armor types have progressively better versions that require older ones as parts
4: I have as yet have found only one method that is reasonable and that is gangbanging with stunmsticks or rifle butt hits on high Str gals. A high number of foes need multiple hits. Some few types are impossible with stun weapons alone. Strike from behind if at all possible to target weaker rear armor.
5: the majority of the early "armor" is just specialization and not direct dmg mitigation. There are percent reductions to account for but little additional armor early on.

Offline Intikhab

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2016, 04:28:05 am »
so shovels vs cattle prods vs handles vs pipes vs maces which is better than others to have higher accuracy to hit and stun but yet still kill the target if not stunned?
Maces are mostly killing no prisoners, same goes for pipes for me. I will go for all shovels, next try to check it out.
I am getting confused with the description writings on weapons compared to vanilla version of xcom writings. When weapons say 30%+ armor does it work that much better or worse for armors? And e.g. when shovels says 100%stun damage but above says cutting damage what does that mean?
Confused to this game learning XD. Help out newbie for piratez been playing xcom since dos but this is different game to begin with.
using 0.98b version on windows from more than week old link did new uploads brings something new?

Offline Intikhab

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2016, 04:31:47 am »
1:some techs have certain slave types as prereqs.
2: not gona touch that idea
3: some armor types have progressively better versions that require older ones as parts
4: I have as yet have found only one method that is reasonable and that is gangbanging with stunmsticks or rifle butt hits on high Str gals. A high number of foes need multiple hits. Some few types are impossible with stun weapons alone. Strike from behind if at all possible to target weaker rear armor.
5: the majority of the early "armor" is just specialization and not direct dmg mitigation. There are percent reductions to account for but little additional armor early on.
2.5: what about healing quicker through slaves helping the process after getting wounded, acting 24hour nurse?

The reason for such suggestions is with what slaves can be used for even lore might allow it. :) some suggestions might be game breaking some might be not.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2016, 04:49:00 am »
A + percent means armor is more effective. a - percent is armor is less effective. For very early captures handles are the most effective tool at your disposal. Stun-sticks are the best for quite some time until gals near 100 str where rifle butt strikes become more efficient because fewer TU spent switching items. A thing to note with stun sticks is that they are a 2-handed weapon and suffer a penalty when wielded 1 handed. Later on stun batons are a 2 size 1 hand weapon that is roughly 2/3 the potential of a stun stick. They swing very fast but lower dps and per swing damage makes armor issue worse. But pretty useful for blitzing unarmored foes.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2016, 05:10:00 am »
2.5: what about healing quicker through slaves helping the process after getting wounded, acting 24hour nurse?

Not possible with the current game mechanics.

Shovels are killers.  Stick with handles, ballbats, and stunrods.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2016, 09:13:01 am »
Well, slaves are also used to produce some unique items. :)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2016, 10:59:08 am »
Another proposal for formatting: Misses as 0, hits as X with no arrows in between. So four shots with one hit would look like 0 0 X 0
Exclamationmarks can be put after the X to indicate more damage 0 0 X! 0

That would be nice... but I didn't find a way how to catch a "miss" event... I can only produce something when firing and when hitting at the moment.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2016, 11:42:44 am »
That would be nice... but I didn't find a way how to catch a "miss" event... I can only produce something when firing and when hitting at the moment.

Have you tried looking at
Code: [Select]
projectileFlyBState.cpp -> _projectileImpact
In combination with the enum:
Code: [Select]
MapData.h -> VoxelType
?

Offline Intikhab

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2016, 02:20:29 am »
A + percent means armor is more effective. a - percent is armor is less effective. For very early captures handles are the most effective tool at your disposal. Stun-sticks are the best for quite some time until gals near 100 str where rifle butt strikes become more efficient because fewer TU spent switching items. A thing to note with stun sticks is that they are a 2-handed weapon and suffer a penalty when wielded 1 handed. Later on stun batons are a 2 size 1 hand weapon that is roughly 2/3 the potential of a stun stick. They swing very fast but lower dps and per swing damage makes armor issue worse. But pretty useful for blitzing unarmored foes.
Damn, I thought 2-handed weapons can't be used when another item is being held on another hand like hammer and thought stun rods have something missing to not have full accuracy even with 100 melee got lucky hand with 70 it improved quickly.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2016, 02:56:43 am »
Damn, I thought 2-handed weapons can't be used when another item is being held on another hand like hammer and thought stun rods have something missing to not have full accuracy even with 100 melee got lucky hand with 70 it improved quickly.
*Some* two handed weapons can't be used with both hands full.  The Number "2" will be red in the corner to indicate this.
Others will have a penalty if used with the other hand full.  A green "2" indicates this.