Author Topic: Ironman mode: Statistics instead of deleing the savedgame  (Read 4510 times)

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Ironman mode: Statistics instead of deleing the savedgame
« on: February 29, 2016, 05:06:08 pm »
Yeah, my first iron man mode finished. But what a surprise, the savedgame is simply gone, afterwards. I find that quite useless. I'd rather see some statistics, when loading a finished iron man mode game, instead of having nothing at all left. How long played, how many soldiers and soldiers killed, bases destroyed/lost, and so on.

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Ironman mode: Statistics instead of deleing the savedgame
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 05:20:29 pm »
Yes! I thought the exact same thing the other day. I mean, I didn't beat it on iron man, I was just playing normal beginner. But there is still no post-game screen to go back and look at all your soldiers stats after the final mission. Especially with the newer versions having "soldier diaries", rather than just going to the main menu, go to a post game screen where you view all the campaign stats (kill counts, missions, etc) you mentioned and save it so you can come back to it.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 05:32:31 pm »
On normal mode, one might argue, that the game isn't necessarily meant to be played in that linear fashion, so you can relive Cydonia on a daily basis and the stats-screen will not be shown automatically. ;-) But a question, if stats shall be presented or the game be continued, in case of an already finished savedgame that'd be nice. The problem on iron man mod is: It's supposed to be linear, meaning no loading a game and disregarding any progress since then. Therefore, an iron man game will simply stop, when Cydonia has fallen. That's ok with me. But the loosing of that savedgame altogether, that's crazy, I think. But having it, just for having isn't, isn't really satisfactory, either. So I suggest at least showing stats, when a finished iron man game has been loaded.

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 05:41:48 pm »
Right, I get what you're saying and see the difference between the iron man and regular saving modes. It'd be a lot worse to finish the game and have no save left at all to load.

But even in normal mode, you can reload your Cydonia save file, but without going in and manually looking at the file, you can't see mission/kill counts. If you have a save from before Cydonia you can look at that, but it won't include kills from the final mission. A post game screen where you can see stats and the memorial list would be nice no matter what mode you're in.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:00:30 pm by Countdown3 »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 11:51:12 pm »
We didn't really have any statistics to track before. :P But this is now in the nightlies.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 11:53:09 pm »
Well, at least the soldiers diaries should be a start. =)

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 08:48:41 am »
This is a really cool feature, thanks for adding it. I noticed a couple errors with the stats though, the most important one being that it counts non-detected alien bases. I made a bug report, but since I did it as "guest" I couldn't add the save file. I've added the save file to this post and am linking to it in the bug report comment section.

Also, I've never used the bug tracker, I hope this was the right time. My understanding is it's better to use the bug tracker when there is a clear error, and use the forums more for ambiguous issues/questions. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 03:21:44 pm by Countdown »